Honda Grom Forums banner

Review Koso 34 throttle body, Kitaco side cover,bigger oil pump on BrianS 170

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gromFL 
#1 ·
Holly Cow this grom is a beast now, revs up really EZ and now my only other change will be add the lighten fly wheel and the Yosh exhaust pipe to the BrianS 170. I think I can beat Gromandruckus now.

Can't wait to get my second oil pump and Kosco 34 throttle body to install on my Finbro 183 grom and also the exhaust pipe.

So lets go over the review, so first off the removal of the oil spinner all I did was open up the inspection cap on the left side and use a socket that fits the nut and on the spinner side I used the special tool that I bought since I did not want to cut up one of my socket to make a tool. The install of the cover was EZ once I installed the newer better flowing oil pump.

The Kosco 34mm throttle body was also a breeze and the only down side was moving some of the parts/sensors from the old throttle body to the Koso throttle body. If you did buy the newer F/I from Finbro with the two spacers you no longer need it with the Koso inlet pipe. Everything that I bought from Koso bolted on with no problem.

Pic of the Kitaco side cover and oil pump replacement

oil spinner gone
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x427.

new oil pump
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x427.

compare size of the Finbro throttle body to Koso 34 mm throttle body

inlet pipe compare to finbro port/polish inlet pipe

transfer over of the TP sensor unit, make sure the rubber O-ring and sensor clip unit is put on the Koso throttle body

mounted and leak check

notice that the throttle cable was mounted wrong, one goes on the bottom and the other one goes on the top

Things to look for and adjustment settings.
I first had the idle needle set at 2 turns out from the needle all the way seated and the RPM's went from 2.5K to 4K after warm up. I tried the idle setting scew/allen unit adjustment and no change to the RPM so I then did the idle A/F adjustment brass screw and turned it clock wise till the RPM's went down to 2.5K and the screw was all the way seated, so it looks like I will have to play around with the mapping to get it to idle correctly or at lease down to 1,500 rpm.

The test ride is like a new more powerful grom and this is on the BrianS 170 grom so I can't wait to see what it does on the Finbro 183 grom.

I'll ride to the gym and see how the grom does on the open road/freeway.

As for now I'm a real happy camper.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.