2014-2015 Grom 125 New Fuel Pump Recall - Honda Grom Forum
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 09-28-2016, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default 2014-2015 Grom 125 New Fuel Pump Recall

Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Grom 125 motorcycles manufactured June 12, 2013, to September 8, 2015, and 2014-2015 NSS300 & NSS300A (Forza) motorcycles manufactured June 18, 2013 to March 19, 2015. The resin bracket inside the fuel pump of the affected motorcycles may swell and cause the pump impeller to seize.

CONSEQUENCE:

If the fuel pump seizes, the motorcycle will stall, increasing the risk of a crash.

REMEDY:

Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel pump assembly with one that uses a metal bracket internally, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda’s numbers for this recall are KC3 and KC4. Note: This recall supersedes recall 14V-672. Some, but not all, motorcycles that were remedied under that campaign are affected by this recall as well and need to have the fuel pump replaced again.

NOTES:

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

Report Receipt Date: SEP 14, 2016
NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V661000
Component(s): FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Potential Number of Units Affected: 17,643

VEHICLE MAKE MODEL YEAR(S)
HONDA GROM 125 2014-2015
HONDA NSS300 2014-2015

CycleVIN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 09-29-2016, 03:14 PM
Senior Grom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Default

you realize how old this is right?
honda4life is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 10-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Senior Grom Member
 
MidgetTodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda4life View Post
you realize how old this is right?
About 10 days.


Report Receipt Date: SEP 14, 2016
NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V661000
Component(s): FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Potential Number of Units Affected: 17,643
MidgetTodd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 Old 10-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Senior Grom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetTodd View Post
About 10 days.


Report Receipt Date: SEP 14, 2016
NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V661000
Component(s): FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Potential Number of Units Affected: 17,643
lololololol

oct 2014

1st official Grom Recall - Fuel Pump
honda4life is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 10-05-2016, 08:57 AM
Senior Grom Member
 
MidgetTodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Default

You fail at reading. In your quick jump to be a smart ass to everyone with your usual negative comments you miss the facts.
It is in fact 10 days old.
It is in fact a new recall to supersede the first recall. It replaces the parts installed in the first recall.

Seriously dude why are you so negative in all your posts? No reason to be an ass. Especially when people are posting info to help others.
And you're wrong more often than not.
MidgetTodd is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 10-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Senior Grom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetTodd View Post
You fail at reading. In your quick jump to be a smart ass to everyone with your usual negative comments you miss the facts.
It is in fact 10 days old.
It is in fact a new recall to supersede the first recall. It replaces the parts installed in the first recall.

Seriously dude why are you so negative in all your posts? No reason to be an ass. Especially when people are posting info to help others.
And you're wrong more often than not.
a recall on a recall

what r u saying ?
honda4life is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 10-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Senior Grom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Default

Report Receipt Date: OCT 27, 2014
NHTSA Campaign Number: 14V672000
Component(s): Fuel system, gasoline
Potential Number of Units Affected: 10,076
Manufacturer: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.)
SUMMARY:
American Honda Motor Co. (Honda) is recalling certain model year 2014 Grom 125 motorcycles manufactured June 12, 2013, to September 24, 2014, and 2014 Forza-NSS300, and NSS300A motorcycles manufactured June 18, 2013, to May 21, 2014. The resin bracket inside the fuel pump of the affected motorcycles may swell, interfere with the impeller, and potentially lead to a fuel pump failure.
CONSEQUENCE:
A fuel pump failure will cause the motorcycle to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
REMEDY:
Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel pump with an updated fuel pump, free of charge. The recall began November 28, 2014. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-310-783-2000. Honda's number for this recall is JL1 NSS300 (Forza) and JL2 Grom (Grom 125).
NOTES:
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
honda4life is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 10-05-2016, 07:26 PM
Senior Grom Member
 
MidgetTodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Default

Yes.

REMEDY:

Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel pump assembly with one that uses a metal bracket internally, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda’s numbers for this recall are KC3 and KC4. Note: This recall supersedes recall 14V-672. Some, but not all, motorcycles that were remedied under that campaign are affected by this recall as well and need to have the fuel pump replaced again.
MidgetTodd is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 10-06-2016, 08:32 AM
Senior Grom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetTodd View Post
Yes.

REMEDY:

Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel pump assembly with one that uses a metal bracket internally, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda’s numbers for this recall are KC3 and KC4. Note: This recall supersedes recall 14V-672. Some, but not all, motorcycles that were remedied under that campaign are affected by this recall as well and need to have the fuel pump replaced again.
2014-2015 Grom 125 New Fuel Pump Recall
honda4life is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Search Tags for this Page

general honda topics
,
favorite grom
,

grom vs 600rr