picked up a week ago, fiance has to pry me off everynight - Honda Grom Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 05-09-2015, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default picked up a week ago, fiance has to pry me off everynight

Well I picked this bad boy up about a week ago and I can't stop making excuses to ride it, (convenient store within walking distance, eh I'll take the grom) etc. First off would like to say I think I got a good price for it noticing the other prices people have posted, payed $3780 OTD cash brand new. I got white only because I couldn't pass up such a hot color scheme, was pushing on the yellow only because I like the color yellow a lot, (was going to paint my DC5-S yellow until I totalled it). Onto the riding experience, I have riden a couple bigger bikes before including my buddys R1 and after that haven't got back on a big bike since but loved the ride. Reason being to why I picked up the grom is I know I can trust myself on the grom at any speed and it's got plenty for my usage of the bike. I can care less for these things but I will be altercating parts to get my needs; clutch disengages pretty late to my liking, would like it to be a lot tighter to letting off. The tires at first I thought weren't an issue as I read everybodies write up on them but until I was hitting a couple back roads in some very minor twisties I guess you can call them I felt as if the tire didn't want to hold to the road, kinda doing its own thing in the rear, and I was not cranking on the bike. I have not had any issues with the shock like I've seen people post about, (I swerve out of the way of everything on the road as well, manholes, potholes, anything). I bought mine brand new like I said and wasn't really happy with the throttle play so no big deal I tightened that up, still feel like it can be tightened up a bit more but I'm still breaking it in as I just clicked 300 miles, so it's still going to do some stretching. Other than that I love my Grom a lot, it's a ton of fun and I can't wait til the sun comes up. I have just ordered a few parts off revzilla, including the rear fender eliminator kit because I absolutely hate the stock one, gold grips to accent the forks, and some carbon front flush signal mounts to accent the full carbon akropovic exhaust when I order that. I figure I'll wait until maybe around 500-600miles to get the exhaust and k&n filter just to get the initial break-in on the bike before I go crazy =D

And most likely for a winter project I would like to do one of the big bore kits like 181cc but haven't gotten too many reviews on them so when the time comes I'll be sure to look into it further. Enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-02-2016, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good to see you enjoying your grom. I was also waiting for grom to be launched in India but guess honda had different plans. They launched Navi instead a scooter looking like grom.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Senior Grom Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to CiscoSanJose

Congrats and ride safe

User Tag List