Asia Riders, Welcome on-board !! - Honda Grom Forum
 10Likes

post #1 of 19 Old 06-27-2013, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to munna.jatt Send a message via Skype™ to munna.jatt
Default Asia Riders, Welcome on-board !!

Lets make appearance here if you are from Asia. I'm so told that I may be the first one or one of a few who are from this part of the world! Also I notice this Asia section is empty. So lets start appearing here, Asia Riders!
davidstipek likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 06-27-2013, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

And it's the Asia riders who can have an MSX125 well before we can get ours.
Welcome!!
munna.jatt and davidstipek like this.

Current Bikes:
2014 Honda Grom (picked up 9/11/14)
- Composimo Tidy Tail, Thai OEM Honda projector headlight, H4 bulb, Thai turn signals, and MSX125 decals, H2C rear luggage rack, 14 tooth front, all blacked out.
Honda mini-bikes go here. (Z50, XR50 & XR70, CRF50s from 1972 - 2007)

Past Bikes:
A bunch of CBR900RRs and more
post #3 of 19 Old 06-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Senior Grom Member

You guys are the kings of mods for this bike, that's for sure. I'm getting lots of ideas.

Nothings to cruel, if it's funny enough.

Honda CT70, Honda CL70, Honda CRF250L, Honda Grom, Hodaka Dirt Squirt, Kawasaki KLE650 Versys, Suzuki TU250.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 06-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

welcome munna.jatt!

--
GromForum.com Moderator
The friendliest Honda Grom Forum on the Internet!
2009 600RR [current]
2007 Honda Civic Si [retired]
post #5 of 19 Old 06-29-2013, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
You guys are the kings of mods for this bike, that's for sure. I'm getting lots of ideas.
Thats right .... I remember one of my elder mechanic friend moded a 100cc 2-stroke Kawasaki with stock top-speed 60 miles/hr. He moded it so as to get the top speed of 110 miles/hr .... :eek:
davidstipek likes this.

For those who dare, the future is in the skies !!

Last edited by munna.jatt; 06-29-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
post #6 of 19 Old 07-08-2013, 06:42 AM

Send a message via MSN to davidstipek
Default This is Great!

Asia having it's own page!!

Hey guys! I have been riding since I was 18, actually was here in Chiang Mai, Thailand. That was thanks to Uncle Sam 45 years ago. Have had a bike eversince. Always had a Honda around, Suzuki and Yamaha too. My first Harley was a 1965 XLCH Sportster.

I posted pictures in my sign on New member page. The One in from of House is... a Bicycle/Yamaha Y80 Belle combination. Yes the pedals do work! and using 4 freewheel sprocket sets I can use peddals as foot rests and if motor fails just start peddling, no need to find neutral and being able to select seperate gears for this function can make it easy to move the weight with no stress (Bike has Yamaha Y80 w/semiauto 3sp). For those of you wondering We have freewheel's here like rear of bicycle, but with 4 bolt hole pattern (Matching Yamaha's) that lets you use complete
in this case a 428?Chain. Sits in sprockets perfectly and even on crank wheel does not want to ride up and off. It let us use a chain tensioner on the Pedal chain, and axle tighteners (like Motorcycle) on rear chain. Chain from Engine to Jac tube (Frame left to right side) is set just like Timing chain on 4 stroke... Without Master key link, took some tinkering to get engine set a perfect Height to do this, and keep Carb level

The Tank says (in Thai) "Thai One On...!" or for us "Tie One On...!" this is refering to using a Helmet! Since no Licenses or taxes are paid or needed to operate on street (as same safty equipment as Motorcycle) A Helmet is Mandated!! You will get Stopped and Bike thoughly gone over and fined (has to be Paid on spot!!) 4,000-5,500 Baht If you don't have you will spend Night in Lock-up!! (right now Baht equals the USD at this rate 31.44 Bht equal to $1.00. So wear one!!!!!!

The other pictures started as same but with full frame and uses a Honda NSR250 rear fork/Wheel assembly (Complete) Next step for it is to get NSR's front Assembly (everything from headtube forward) This will raise bars 4.5-5.5 inches, even going back to 17" tire and rim, Right now it has 18". Will give me a matching front wheel and disc brake, a beefier Front Fork and Triple Tree. Then when we get some bigger 4T engines, 0ne and two cylinder... Engine will get switched out.

Easier then you think... Frame has adjustable mounts to fit Yamha, Suzuki and Honda. We even made Harnees adapters to fit bike to any one of the three, this lets you switch out complete Engine in under 1 hr, 15 minutes!!

DavidThe Past.. Present and Future are all Participles.... When I watch the Beauty walking past me... (as I drink Coffee...) "What Part of Me is Where???"
post #7 of 19 Old 07-08-2013, 06:55 AM

Send a message via MSN to davidstipek
Default Asia having it's own page!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidstipek View Post
Asia having it's own page!!

Hey guys! I have been riding since I was 18, actually was here in Chiang Mai, Thailand. That was thanks to Uncle Sam 45 years ago. Have had a bike eversince. Always had a Honda around, Suzuki and Yamaha too. My first Harley was a 1965 XLCH Sportster.

I posted pictures in my sign on New member page. The One in from of House is... a Bicycle/Yamaha Y80 Belle combination. Yes the pedals do work! and using 4 freewheel sprocket sets I can use peddals as foot rests and if motor fails just start peddling, no need to find neutral and being able to select seperate gears for this function can make it easy to move the weight with no stress (Bike has Yamaha Y80 w/semiauto 3sp). For those of you wondering We have freewheel's here like rear of bicycle, but with 4 bolt hole pattern (Matching Yamaha's) that lets you use complete
in this case a 428?Chain. Sits in sprockets perfectly and even on crank wheel does not want to ride up and off. It let us use a chain tensioner on the Pedal chain, and axle tighteners (like Motorcycle) on rear chain. Chain from Engine to Jac tube (Frame left to right side) is set just like Timing chain on 4 stroke... Without Master key link, took some tinkering to get engine set a perfect Height to do this, and keep Carb level

The Tank says (in Thai) "Thai One On...!" or for us "Tie One On...!" this is refering to using a Helmet! Since no Licenses or taxes are paid or needed to operate on street (as same safty equipment as Motorcycle) A Helmet is Mandated!! You will get Stopped and Bike thoughly gone over and fined (has to be Paid on spot!!) 4,000-5,500 Baht If you don't have you will spend Night in Lock-up!! (right now Baht equals the USD at this rate 31.44 Bht equal to $1.00. So wear one!!!!!!

The other pictures started as same but with full frame and uses a Honda NSR250 rear fork/Wheel assembly (Complete) Next step for it is to get NSR's front Assembly (everything from headtube forward) This will raise bars 4.5-5.5 inches, even going back to 17" tire and rim, Right now it has 18". Will give me a matching front wheel and disc brake, a beefier Front Fork and Triple Tree. Then when we get some bigger 4T engines, 0ne and two cylinder... Engine will get switched out.

Easier then you think... Frame has adjustable mounts to fit Yamha, Suzuki and Honda. We even made Harnees adapters to fit bike to any one of the three, this lets you switch out complete Engine in under 1 hr, 15 minutes!!
Just as I finished typing the above, Doorbell rung... My friend brought me a RC110 (from a Suzuki Crystal) complete with all relays, coils, Harness Rectifier and a New Electric Starter. With engine on floor, primed with gas connected Electrics pushed starter button and didn't even have to use choke... It fired right up!

So I guess I will enjoy an electric start option for while (and 30 more cc's) a option I may get used too
munna.jatt likes this.

DavidThe Past.. Present and Future are all Participles.... When I watch the Beauty walking past me... (as I drink Coffee...) "What Part of Me is Where???"
post #8 of 19 Old 07-15-2013, 01:10 PM

Hi I'm from Vietnam and just recently got my msx125. Very interested in finding aftermarket parts for it bcos its close to impossible to get any here. All help is greatly appreciated. Will be interested in.....
Ohlins rear shock suspension
Brembo clutches, calipers, cables etc
Yoshimura rs-9 exhaust for msx125.

This is also my first bike as well so I really don't have that much knowledge. Any extra help will be great
munna.jatt likes this.
post #9 of 19 Old 07-20-2013, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Welcome aboard @Alexxxx and @davidstipek.. Glad to see you here.

@Alexxxx, I hope senior members will be able to help you, I don't have much knowledge about these MSX125s ... But I do wish you good luck with your first bike .... Have fun ...

For those who dare, the future is in the skies !!
post #10 of 19 Old 07-24-2013, 05:19 AM

No AUS thread, If no one objects I'll just hang out here

User Tag List