Honda Grom Forums banner

Honda MSX125(grom) vs Kawasaki KSR110

38K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  ksrbkk 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone been riding a KSR110 or does anyone know it? The bikes have some things in common, but im wondering it is vs our new grom!

KSR110

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks similar.

ENGINE TypeAir-cooled, 4-stroke, Single cylinder, SOHC, 2 valves Displacement111 cm³ Bore and Stroke53.0 mm x 50.6 mm Compression ratio9.5 :1 Performance: a) Maximum power5.8 kW {7.9 PS} @ 8,000 rpm b) Maximum torque 8.1 N∙m {0.82 kgf∙m} @ 6,000 rpm Fuel systemCarburetor: KEIHIN PB18 StartingKick IgnitionBattery and coil (transistorized) LubricationForced lubrication (wet sump) DRIVETRAIN Transmission 4-speed, Constant mesh, Return shift Gear ratios: 1st 3.000 (36/12) 2nd 1.937 (31/16) 3rd 1.350 (27/20) 4th 1.086 (25/23) 5th - 6th - Final reduction ratio 2.066 (31/15) Clutch Centrifugal and wet multi disc FRAME Type Tube backbone Caster (rake) 26º Tyre: a) front 100/90-12 49J Tubeless b) rear 100/90-12 49J Tubeless SUSPENSION Front: Type Telescopic fork (upside-down) Rear: Type Swingarm BRAKES Front: Type Single Disc Rear: Type Single disc DIMENSIONS Overall length 1,670 mm Overall width 705 mm Overall height 995 mm Wheelbase 1,165 mm Ground clearance 225 mm Seat height 750 mm Dry weight 85 kg Fuel capacity 7.3 litres

#7 ·
That picture above is an old model. I would say about 2010 model below. This is the new ksr Kawasaki Thailand

Looks alot better. I was thinking about getting the grom too. But here in the Philippines they still havent released the grom. Dont know yet when. Yesterday local dealer had a 2013 ksr on display. Fell in love right away with the mini bike. If you plan on staying stock, the grom is a good choice. But if you plan on modding, the ksr is better since its carb type. Easier to tune. Ill try to post some pics once i get the bike.

#12 ·
I have a 2011 KSR mini motard here is my intro:
http://www.gromforum.com/forum/new-rider-introductions/16729-ksr-owner.html

I love the KSR, it is light, it performs and handles well and in my opinion it looks nice, but it doesn’t come with a clutch (I have to buy an aftermarket one), it doesn’t have an rpm gauge, it has a carburetor, and I think a 120 rear would be better.

I have never riding the Grom so I don’t know how it performs, it’s about 15 pounds heavier than the KSR, and I don’t like the looks (it's ducati looking), but having own many Hondas before I know the Grom will be a blast to ride. I don’t know about the tire selection, but the Grom comes with everything I like, clutch, digital gauge (includes rpm gauge), and it’s fuel injected.

I’m just happy to see Honda bringing the mini scene here to the US, and hope the other manufactures will follow.

#13 ·
Grom/MSX vs KSR

I have owned both. Done over 25000km on a KSR. The KSR was good and parts were relatively cheap (compared to Australia) however more expensive than other bikes (in Thailand).

KSR tires were difficult to source outside of major cities (Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Pattaya)

KSR didn't have a clutch and didn't want to pay to put one on.

KSR looked better than other local bikes in Thailand and got a lot of attention.

MSX125 more expensive than KSR but has better equipment.

Both are small bikes (slow) not good for carrying a load (such as honda wave) terrible for lane splitting (bars are too wide, Honda Sonic 125 best bike), poor storage (honda click is great).

However both are cool looking little mini bikes.

my2cents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.