Ohio - Honda Grom Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 09-13-2013, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Ohio

Good morning, all. I have been watching some of the builds and reading what everybody has to say for some time now (read: "creeping"), and now that I will be taking delivery tomorrow I feel like I am official enough to introduce myself.
This is far from my first bike. I started on a Manco minibike at around 11 or 12 years old. I had an '03 GIXXER in 2005, moved on to a couple of scooters, a Yamaha YZF600R, a 2006 Honda CBR600F4i, a Honda NH80 Aero, a 2009 CBR600RR, a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard M50, and I still have 2 (a '73 and a '74) Suzuki GT250s I am working on (or may sell in the near future). I may have forgotten a couple of them in there somewhere... I have logged more than 100,000 miles on 2 wheels and just can't get enough. The GT250s are an ongoing project that I just can't seem to find time for anymore with a family, but I am perfectly okay with that. I wanted something I could own for pennies and not feel guilty. I saw the release video for the Grom a little while back and knew I had to have one. I have always loved scooters for their ease of maneuvering, parking, and gas mileage- but I love shifting and having more involvement with what the machine is doing. I see the Grom as being the perfect balance between the two worlds. I am a 29 year old living in the Cincinnati area with my girlfriend and her little girl. I am a former United States Marine, I served 5 years (active duty) and was stationed in Cherry Point as a Flight Equipment Tech and an MP. I currently work as a physical security supervisor for a local vehicle armoring company. My Grom won't be stock for long and I plan to ride the dog p#ss out of this thing before the snow falls.
My plans for the Grom are pretty simple: carbon fiber and black throughout. I am liking the dual exhausts and the Moriwaki as well. So, now that I have introduced myself- let's rock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Senior Grom Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey Welcome to the Grom forum. that is quite a few bikes you have owned there. The Grom is perfect to suit what youre looking for. You should take some videos before the riding season ends.

User Tag List