Brand new Grom rider - Honda Grom Forum

post #1 of 1 Old 05-25-2020, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Brand new Grom rider

Hey fellow riders, I am Lisa. I am a new motorcycle enthusiast and just bought a Grom. The initial appeal for me was the fact that my feet can touch the ground, I am barely 5 ft tall. I have very little riding experience so I am now riding after taking a safety course.
I actually own a 91 Harley Sportster with a Frankenstein Trike kit installed, that was supposed to be my everyday bike. I never wanted to learn to ride a motorcycle ( too chicken, and thought I was told old to be doing this at my age) but I had to take the safety course to learn to ride and they made me learn to ride on two wheels. Then the insurance companies all wanted wayyyy too much to insure me because a new rider , with an M2 license, on a modified 1200cc trike was just too many risk factors to suit them. Get a small bike, they said. Get some insurance history and riding experience, they said...then call us again.
So I decided on the Grom because I can touch the ground, almost flat footed, and it looked like a bike I could be able to handle.
I have put just under 300 km on since I got it a couple weeks ago, and have to admit, I really like this little bike. It fits me.
I still have some stuff to work out, especially getting the damn thing to go from a dead stop (more embarrassing stalls than I care to admit) and it is taking some getting used to the almost non existent friction zone even after a small clutch adjustment but hey we are all new, learning riders at first, right?
Nice to meet all of you.
L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List