Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any 17" wheels that will bolt straight in? Or will swingarm and fork mods be required? With 17" wheels the options for tires grow exponentially...
It's only 2-1/2" more radius on each side of the axle...

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I am on the same boat as you guys. Love the looks and functionality of the 17s but hate the price. Can't go wrong with the smaller tires though.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
the options for tires grows, but so does the price... I like the scooter size wheels, cause you can get Pirelli diablos for about 60 bux each instead of 200..
but you WANT the bridgestones for ~280... really the best mini tire as far as racing goes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Larger wheels could bring on handling issues although if you can afford the bigger wheels you can probably afford to do lots more ...

The smaller wheels would keep the weight lower and I doubt that there would be a lot of situations where you could push the bike past the smaller pirelli's.

·
Registered
998 Posts
when hooning on the grom and burning out your tires paying $60 for a new tire sure is better than $200 :D
why is the tires so expensive $200 for 17". I just bought a new rear tire for my Hayabusa using BT 023 which cost me $150 and with the Calif tax and desposal fee and tire replacement and balance it came out to $169.69. The only thing I had to do was remove my tire/rim and take it down to the dealer and they removed the old tire and installed the new tire on my rim and spin balance the rim/new tire.:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.