Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Booom! Just got back from the dealer to bring him the parts of the paint job. Will bring in the entire bike on monday and they will build all custom parts to get the bike to 200cc and put a turbo charger on top of it.
Total price is about $1,500 which is equal to the entire yumanashi setup, but those parts are no where available. So custom it is :eek:
I don't expect the engine to last longer then maybe 10-20,000 kilometers with the setup, but we shall see...
Someone posted about the bigger wheels (17") which might be a good idea if we ramp up the engine dramatically, so i might just do that as well :cool:
Will post pictures of the progress every day to keep you guys in the loop. ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'd rather have smaller CC and more boost. More efficient, and the turbo hit should be more noticeable.

Does this sound hypocritical coming from a guy who drives all-motor nasty American V8 builds? Lol

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR0jTkx4w4I]How a Grenade Works - YouTube[/ame]

Reactions: FatKidRadio

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I'd rather have smaller CC and more boost. More efficient, and the turbo hit should be more noticeable.

Does this sound hypocritical coming from a guy who drives all-motor nasty American V8 builds? Lol
i'm thinking for rideability you're better off with just a little boost and a big engine. When you roll onto the throttle in the corner, you want power to appear smoothly.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Large displacement will create the air flow needed to spool even the smallest turbo. 125CC would need MAJOR rpm's to get enough exhaust through the turbo to create any boost.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I expect my bike to be finished on monday - will post pics and prices once i pick up the bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's great news.... i can't wait to see the bike...

This is something that i would be interested in for my bike so looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the conversion and price.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
excited :D

no photos of the progress?!?!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Large displacement will create the air flow needed to spool even the smallest turbo. 125CC would need MAJOR rpm's to get enough exhaust through the turbo to create any boost.
EWWWW you smoke Camel Crushes :cool: LOL thats a tiny ass turbo, How much punch do you expect that to give your GROM?

1 - 20 of 149 Posts