GromForum.com banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the fuel tank capacity on the 2014 Grom and what sort of range/gas mileage can we possibly get with each full tank?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I read our Grom's aka MSX125's are suppose to get 130mpg which is amazing, makes for a great commuter bike. Of course it's obvious a 125cc bike would be a good commuter without even looking at the official rated MPG number.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I read our Grom's aka MSX125's are suppose to get 130mpg which is amazing, makes for a great commuter bike. Of course it's obvious a 125cc bike would be a good commuter without even looking at the official rated MPG number.
i didn't see any fuel economy numbers posted on honda's website (U.S. website), where did you get that number from? its probably a estimated fuel economy number.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I have seen 130 as well

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
"Honda's Japan website is boasting the Grom gets 63.2 Km/l. That equates to 148.66 mpg or 178.53 mpg Imperial gallon. Wait for it, wait for it....
It also says driving at a constant 60 Km/h or 38 mph. "

·
Registered
27 Posts
It has a 1.97 gal fuel tank. And the bike isn't ridiciously light... A KTM 350EXC has about 45 hp and weighs 242 lbs- just to put things in perspective.

·
Registered
13 Posts
And here I thought my CBR250R had incredible gas mileage. You could fuel this thing with spare change you find on the street if the current MPG reports are accurate O_O

·
Registered
136 Posts
I wish they had squeezed out another half gallon into the tank.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know its a small bike but it might have been nice to have a bigger tank to keep me out of the station as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
And here I thought my CBR250R had incredible gas mileage. You could fuel this thing with spare change you find on the street if the current MPG reports are accurate O_O
you could ride on forever just with change you find on the ground along the way! haha

1 - 20 of 42 Posts