Honda Grom Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
"Honda's Japan website is boasting the Grom gets 63.2 Km/l. That equates to 148.66 mpg or 178.53 mpg Imperial gallon. Wait for it, wait for it....
It also says driving at a constant 60 Km/h or 38 mph. "
http://www.honda.co.jp/motor-lineup/category/#anchor5

They say the Swing gets 30km/L. Mine gets about 42 mpg while others claim 50. So it looks more like about 100 mpg, not 130. Hey, that is a 30% difference.... but still, nice commuter mpg.

·
Registered
128 Posts
But you can get a fuel container for your garage to fill up there rather than making a trip. I do that with my other motorcycles. I just fill up a 5 gal. gas container when I fill up my car across town at the discount gas station. Then because it is too heavy, I have a 1 gallon gas container also that I use to top off my motorcycle fuel tanks before I set out. If you don't have a garage or storage building, I guess this wouldn't work though. If you find you aren't using the fuel fast enough in the storage cans, just use it for your car and put some fresh in there and you won't have to worry about old gasoline. I need gas for my lawnmower too, so really this is no trouble.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I already have what I think are better city riding bikes...a Vespa 300 and a Zero S, so I intend to use the Grom like a touring bike (minus the saddle bags), with long day trips. I may have to buy a new seat but I doubt it since I also ride a Gixxer 1000 with very stiff suspension and a hard seat, and road bicycles with even harder seats and don't have problems. Tough butt, I guess. My concern is more if the little bike can take wide open throttle at 62 mph for a couple of hours without overheating or objecting. I did buy the spark plug recommended by Honda for faster riding, but am not sure what that does exactly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love how news media outlets are saying how the prices at the pump have steadily fallen for weeks now, yet it's still almost $4/gallon!

I hardly drive the Honda Pilot. It is a deal breaker sometimes whether to go to places or not.
100mpg sounds like I'll be as active as I want to be!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts