·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been trying to find a windshield for my 2022 Grom SP that provides at least some wind protection without detracting from the Grom's hooligan look. Here's a windshield that I found on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203554368799?fits=Year%3A2022%7CMake%3AHonda&hash=item2f64c92d1f:g:eek:gAAAOSwH5lhEUEd
What do you think ?
And very importantly, have any of you tried this windshield on your 2022 Grom ? If so, pros and cons, please.
Thanks
Johnny ( 78 year old hooligan)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a video. I'm not sure that it is exactly the same one. This one goes down over the top of the headlight a bit.
I would rather it not do so; instead, I would prefer that it be a bit taller (more wind protection), so mounting it all of the way down partially over the headlight doesn't make much sense to me....but maybe there's a reason for that.

It's interesting to see how motorcycle parts prices have gone way up over the past year. The price on this one seems a bit high, but it is what it is.

Johnny

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How fast can a 2022 Grom go?
Stock: about 60 mph.....and it takes quite a while to get to 60.
I'll be installing Yoshimura's RS-9 "race" full exhaust system and will have the fuel / air mixture retuned. That should increase speed to at least 65 to 70 mph. Not exactly a speed demon, but it sure is a lot of fun to ride.
J.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been trying to find a windshield for my 2022 Grom SP that provides at least some wind protection without detracting from the Grom's hooligan look. Here's a windshield that I found on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203554368799?fits=Year%3A2022%7CMake%3AHonda&hash=item2f64c92d1f:g:eek:gAAAOSwH5lhEUEd
What do you think ?
And very importantly, have any of you tried this windshield on your 2022 Grom ? If so, pros and cons, please.
Thanks
Johnny ( 78 year old hooligan)
Hello Johnny, I'm an eighty six year old Hooligan, pretty well knocked about by crashes etc. but caught the Grom bug a couple of years ago with a lovely yellow MSX 125. Crashed it and myself but came back to Grom land recently . I cannot get the picture of the windshield because I'm an old duffer with computers but I would like one to keep some wind off me when I,m going down the pub! I've got a smashing Red Grom now with a loud exhaust! I am widowed, live alone except for my Lurcher and my Grom and Merlin keep me going. Are you old enough to know of the Sunbeam Lion 500 cc side valve? My first real bike. The Grom beats everything!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mick, you can see the windshield by clicking on this link:

So far, it's the only "real" windshield I've been able to find that is made specifically for the 2022 Grom.
I agree......the Grom is special. I'm 79 years old, and I have owned motorcycles most of my life. Prior to getting the Grom, I sold my Ducati ST4 (916 CC engine) which had a top speed of 160 mph. The Grom does about 60 mph. For me, the Grom is more fun. I recently had a Yoshimura RS9 full race exhaust system installed on the Grom. Great sound and noticeably faster acceleration. Next step will be to have CJR or some other such company re-flash the ECU to get the most power from the exhaust system. Might also install a higher flow air intake system before having the re-flash done. I also had a Smart Turn System automatic turn signal canceller and a Yoshimura rear fender eliminator installed. Pretty cool bike. My Grom is the SP model (red, white and blue, along with gold wheels and forks).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts