Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
300 miles, changed oil, into wind 40mph top speed, with wind 53mph. If I tuck down might get 2 mph better. Ready to return to dealer. Tried 87 and 91 octane, didn't help.

·
Registered
998 Posts
check compression, check spark plug wire to make sure it is secure, check weight of rider to make sure it does not exceed max payload.

·
Registered
336 Posts
check compression, check spark plug wire to make sure it is secure, check weight of rider to make sure it does not exceed max payload.
On this note, myself and my woman together weigh 340 (which is over max payload), and my lil Grom still had no problem hauling us around at 45-50. I'd take it to the dealer and tell them to fix it. Don't spend your time hunting down the issue, spend their time.

·
Registered
998 Posts
On this note, myself and my woman together weigh 340 (which is over max payload), and my lil Grom still had no problem hauling us around at 45-50. I'd take it to the dealer and tell them to fix it. Don't spend your time hunting down the issue, spend their time.
yep it is still under warranty, let the dealer find the problem

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
First obvious question is how much do you weigh?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Assuming you're not 500 pounds and you know how to ride, take it back to the dealer, it might just need to have the ECM reflashed because the mapping is wrong.

Remember, it's a computer, it's all electronic fuel injected, that mapping gets FUBAR, it'll go to crap. It can happen.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Second question, how strong was the head wind. I'm 260 6'1 and I cruise at around 52-54max (got to 62 in a tuck lol) and 49 into a ~5mph head wind

·
Registered
64 Posts
300 miles, changed oil, into wind 40mph top speed, with wind 53mph. If I tuck down might get 2 mph better. Ready to return to dealer. Tried 87 and 91 octane, didn't help.
did you shift it to 4th? :)

jk, really what did your dealer say today?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mine only slows to about 50 when going up hill. Runs about 54 when flat and will get to about 58 when going down hill slightly(I live in southern Michigan so the hills are pretty slight). I weigh 210lbs and am 5'10"

Could be something simple like a bad wheel bearing would not take much to slow these down. Also could have gotten a high alt map or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts