Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A motor officer pulled up next to me today with a big grin on his face and said "What the heck is that?" So I filled him in, and he asked me how fast I've had it up to. I told him 60, and he said that was pretty cool.

Then, I totally smoked him off the line. :p

Reactions: Cadimanjd

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
He probably won't be the last officer that approaches you...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Are people just being pulled over because of the size of the Grom? Or maybe its because cops just want to take a better look at the Grom?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
that last part is the most important.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Have you really? By who? Where?
BSO? Cocoa PD? Rockledge PD?
A cop in cocoa and a cop in Viera. The one in cocoa just pulled up next to me and turned his crap on and asked me if it was legal and what it was that I was riding. The Viera cop saw my self, a slammed, stretched ruckus and a supermoto all at a light and was mind blown. He pulled in the median and got behind us on his motorcycle and checked our tags then followed us. He said I was going 50 in a 40 which was bs and just a reason to pull me over and ask me what the hell I was on and if I had my endorsement and what not. They both ended up letting me go with nothing and I'm positive both just wanted to check it out.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
114 Posts
A cop in cocoa and a cop in Viera. The one in cocoa just pulled up next to me and turned his crap on and asked me if it was legal and what it was that I was riding. The Viera cop saw my self, a slammed, stretched ruckus and a supermoto all at a light and was mind blown. He pulled in the median and got behind us on his motorcycle and checked our tags then followed us. He said I was going 50 in a 40 which was bs and just a reason to pull me over and ask me what the hell I was on and if I had my endorsement and what not. They both ended up letting me go with nothing and I'm positive both just wanted to check it out.

as crazy as this may be, since I own a business in the motorcycle industry, I don't have an endorsement yet, just never bothered. That's why your being stopped on the Grom to "check it out" concerns me

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can see this being an on going thing for the pigs to pull people over with the Grom. But I don't understand the Ruckus has been out for a while do those guys get hassled too because of the size?

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
as crazy as this may be, since I own a business in the motorcycle industry, I don't have an endorsement yet, just never bothered. That's why your being stopped on the Grom to "check it out" concerns me
I was asked by both cops if I had mine.

My buddy is taking his class in Palm Bay at the Harley dealership and he said its 170 which is by far the best price I've seen. Come to think of it, today is the first day of his class.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

they just being jealous :cool:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are you above the law? Not being a dick, but why wouldn't you get your endorsement if you're riding motorcycles. :confused:

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Yeah, but you have to take it on their stupid Buell's, right?
I don't want to ride a Buell
Buells are actually real fun to ride for the record.... But no idea what bikes they provide for you to ride. If you could bring the grom, I'm almost positive you could ride your own bike. I don't see why they wouldn't allow you to take your tests and what not on your bike considering its what you'll be riding.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts