Honda Grom Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a long time rider that has been off a bike for quite a while mostly due to overseas assignments. I have been looking to get back on one in the dual sport category (specifically shopping for a Wee Strom) but have been frustrated by my in country schedule and am still shopping. I came across the adds for the Grom while searching cycletrader for DL650's around my quarter of the country and am sort of curiouse about it.

-CMF

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would say the DL650 is much faster and more powerful - and A LOT heavier. The DL's are pigs. Plus the suspension on them is very sub-par. I've been doing quite a few suspension upgrades for those guys lately.

The Grom is similar but it much lighter and easier to throw around. The rest is still yet to be determined.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still shopping for the DL, I sort of lusted after the first Dual Sport BMW's when I was much younger but just don't want the maintenance headache and $$$bills associated with a BMW now. When I first started seeing the adds for these they sort of reminded me of the little bikes I see all over afghanistan which are mostly 125's from brands you never heard of with spoked wheels and long travel suspensions so I was intrigued but I keep seeing these listed as sport bikes. They don't look it in the pictures but still haven't seen one in person.

-CMF

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
welcome cmf!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Welcome to the mini bike madness

1 - 7 of 7 Posts