Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined this forum a little while back as soon as I learned about the Grom. I had actually been thinking about getting one of the CT-70 clones, or a Skyteam PBR, which is the same a s a Pitster Pro Mini Monster. Here on the island the main highways are 55 mph. But, slower vehicles can use the generous shoulders also, as can pedestrians and bicyclers. I'll soon be 60 years old and have ridden motorcycles for almost 52 years now. Gas is expensive here as are many other things, so a high gas mileage bike like this should be a winner. Many ride "mopeds" here, which includes under 50cc scooters that aren't supposed to go over 30mph. These can be ridden without having to buy annual license tags, but do have to pass annual inspections. The Honda Ruckus is very popular here, and you also see a lot of the cheaper Chinese scooters.

·
Registered
192 Posts
welcome! when you get your grom please do take some shot of it. Hawaii is a beautiful place and the grom with Hawaii in the background would be wicked to see

·
Registered
396 Posts
Welcome to the club from the east side of the ferry! :p

Sounds like you live in Grom heaven with so many small displacement bikes roaming around. I'd probably love it out there. Here in Palm Springs, if your not on interstate 10, you can get pretty much anywhere you need road-wise averaging speeds of 25-50+mph; many side streets and back roads. Perfect for Grom'n. :D

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would love to get a Grom on the Big Island!!! I've been over to Waikaloa twice now from the mainland and it has given me something to strive for retirement. Be safe!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I joined this forum a little while back as soon as I learned about the Grom. I had actually been thinking about getting one of the CT-70 clones, or a Skyteam PBR, which is the same a s a Pitster Pro Mini Monster. Here on the island the main highways are 55 mph. But, slower vehicles can use the generous shoulders also, as can pedestrians and bicyclers. I'll soon be 60 years old and have ridden motorcycles for almost 52 years now. Gas is expensive here as are many other things, so a high gas mileage bike like this should be a winner. Many ride "mopeds" here, which includes under 50cc scooters that aren't supposed to go over 30mph. These can be ridden without having to buy annual license tags, but do have to pass annual inspections. The Honda Ruckus is very popular here, and you also see a lot of the cheaper Chinese scooters.
I'm from Hilo. Where are you at? ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts