Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, filled her up today after 100.7 miles, 35 of which were two-up. It took .902 USGal ($2.81), for an average MPG of 111.6! I'm looking forward to the next fill-up; I will try to be easier on the throttle and avoid two-up riding.

And I do have a receipt on hand. Just didn't feel like going to all the trouble, so just believe me! Lol!

16 Posts
2nd tank break-in = 132 mpg.

2835 elevation, 180 lbs, country back roads, regular non-ethynol.
Slow, constant up/down variation between 4000 and 6000 rpms in 4th gear = 30 to 45 mph. Fill tank each time to point where fuel just touches front fuel nozzle blocking crossbar.

98 miles / 0.74 gallons U.S. = 132.43243 mpg.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just when i thought 100 MPG was amazing you get 111. Now im starting to think it's very possible to get 120MPG's!

There should be a race here for the highest MPG grom LOl

·
Registered
128 Posts
Fuelly.com tracks car and motorcycle mileage. They now list the Grom but only have 2 entries thus far...one in the 80s an one in the 90s. As soon as a couple dozen people enter their mileage the picture should get a lot clearer. I have heard several people mention well over 100 mpg too, but that is hard to determine exactly with just one fill up. It should get more accurate quickly by the time people get to 3 and 4 fill ups.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure what it's worth but after my first fillup - i've been filling up a few times since... a quick estimate led me to consider i can travel almost 300km with a full tank including the 1/3rd backup when the fuel indicator blinks - which sums up to 4.5 liters. That's about 150mpg (186.4mil / 1.188ga)l.

I haven't been paying much attention to it after that, but it's definitely a rather efficient machine. It's almost fun to go pay for a full tank - somewhat the same as for a car but divided by ten. This bike is a almost running on fumes by design! :D

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
sounds darn good. not anything that I'd complain about :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
We would need his height weight and terrain to determine but if the variables line up one could get really good numbers!
I'm 5'-4" and 117lbs, riding streets and hills around here. The 150 mpg estimate is probably a tad optimistic... I'll try to make a better assessment.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts