Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
It sure seems like it. I have the "first Honda Grom" reserved, but it seems like it will never arrive, especially now with half the country getting at least the first one in. Reading about all these other guys and watching their mod pics and first ride videos totally sucks. Well, I really have no control over Honda's distribution network, and I just hope that mine is not sitting at some remote truck stop somewhere in the middle on nowhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i'm thinking about waiting til next year also because the riding season is almost over here in ny. about another 2 months left or whenever the snow decides to come.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm thinking about waiting til next year also because the riding season is almost over here in ny. about another 2 months left or whenever the snow decides to come.
No shame is waiting. The hard part is having to watch in anticipation.

Not everyone is going to have the bike this year.

Stew
looks like Grom's exceeding Honda's expectations.

It is just so late in the year and riding days would be limited. Also, I doubt financially it would work out considering most dealers here will probably get 1 or 2, which I should check...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't really see an issue in waiting, I'm actually on this forum to get other peoples experiences and opinions BEFORE I go looking for one; I don't want to be a beta tester for a $3,000 investment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in the same boat. 1-2 months of ride time left. One less bike in the basement if I don't pick one up until spring.....

·
Registered
187 Posts
i want to go look at one when they come in, to be sure it is for me. But probably won't buy until Spring.
I am moving out of my house this week and moving into my girlfriends apartment until we secure a new house. Mortgage companies don't like when you add other loans after already pre-approved.
Besides, my Honda VFR is in my parents garage for now. I can still just go get it and ride it thru the end of this riding season (another 2 months max)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think I'll be waiting. Will probably take until next year to convince my GF I need another bike. May try to convince her it would be great for vacations, get his and hers models, and haul them in the back of the pickup. No trailer necessary.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey, one more thought... if you wait long enough, you can buy used. Someone will buy one as a starter bike, and then will quickly decide to buy something bigger. The first owner always takes a big hit when they sell, so you can get a bike for much cheaper, and probably low miles.

Good things come to those who are patient. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sometimes it's good to wait for the second model year so issues get sorted out the first year. Being a Honda, I don't really expect any issues though.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
no shame. you will just have to be left out of the cool kids club for another year thats all. :D

:superbike:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts