Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone plan on building their own fender eliminator kit for their Grom? Back in the day I built one for my old DRZ400SM and may try for this one. Just wondering.... Thinking flush mounted signals on the rear tail section possibly. Not sure till I have it here in person to see what there is to work with.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Plate mounts are fairly easy to make.. I really don't see it being an issue. Ill most likely make one because that god forsaken diving board will be the first thing that's coming off if and when I get one home.

For anyone that is interested.. There was a local guy that made led lights for trucks and motor ycles here in town. When he turned to internet sales his shop BOOMED and he backed up and moved to Florida... He's a really cool guy to deal with and makes AWESOME lights.

Check out Motorcycle Accessories & Motorcycle LED Lights including motorcycle speakers, motorcycle sound systems, led motorcycle tail lights, led turn signals, led light kits, and other motorcycle lighting and accessories I used his flexable arrays for front signals on my streetfighter and used a 3 led step light for a plate light. They never failed me and were bright enough to blind you.

Ill post up pix of that stuff later on.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
For those who don't want to pay for the fender eliminator kits of course you can make one for yourself. It shouldn't be too too hard to rig up some metal strip plates. Just be sure you grab some extra material and bandages when dealing with metal.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'll be buying mine from composimo. It'll save me from so much frustration. I would just enjoy riding knowing that I have a good piece securing my license plate.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am going to wait for a Grom specific fender eliminator diy to pop up after we all get our groms.

there is no use paying three times as much the materials when you could spend some time making your own and saving a few bucks. I am just the diy kind of guy. for those who are not get the pre-made kit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Those are some nice short stalks signals in the pictures from the OP. I would take of the stock ugly ones and replace it with those.

If some one can come up with a good write up i'll be in to see if it works and give it a try.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I had $10 in material in that one that I did on my DRZ. I would buy one of the offered mounts, but i like getting my hands dirty and drinking beer... tragic flaw of mine. Not to mention it always gives me a bit more pride in it when I did it. (When it turns out well.)

I didn't want to knock anyone's design, or start a thread to do so. The guys producing them have their time and equipment that they have to pay for, so I dont think $65 for a well packaged kit is way out there. Just see some possible changes I would want to make.

If it doesn't turn out looking like socks on a rooster I will post up some pics when complete. Hope to see some other home made DIY jobs too.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
having access to a stainless steel shop makes it easy :)

lots of scrap steel and a shop that lets me use their machines after hours.

Reactions: Boompats
1 - 14 of 14 Posts