Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my buddys just smacked another one of his bikes down (this probably is #10 for him...)
so this got me thinking, is anyone else a serial crasher?

me:
-gs500 - slipped on sealcoated parking lot
-sv650 #1 - tucked the front when cut off in a parking lot
-yzf600r - lowsided on the onramp next to my house (cold tires)
-aprilia dorsoduro - tboned by a bicyclist. didn't go down.
-sv2 - lowsided in a parking lot doing ARC
-sv2 - threw it away and ran off at a stop sign when i saw someone sliding into me (of course they missed...)

-lots of minigp crashes but those don't count

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
lololol at this thread.

-06 gsxr 750 high sided it
-06 gsxr 750 I guess low sided into a ditch
(youtube) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exm_GooswdM]deals gap crah - YouTube[/ame]
-06 gsxr 750 went off the road at the dragon and banged it up into one of the cliffs
-06 gsxr 750 slammed a guardrail around 80mph
(youtube) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVDqRTq2W5c]80mph guardrail - YouTube[/ame]

-2014 Honda grom flipped it in a ditch up in the hills.
-2014 Honda grom took a little low slide off a cliff at the dragons tail a few weeks ago.
(youtube) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LufPzZHs-LY]Honda Grom crash at Deals Gap - YouTube[/ame]

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may be a serial crasher. I've been in 3 accidents (auto) but none of them where my fault. I just happen to keep getting hit.
i'm probably at about a dozen with cars. but those are over a half million miles so the average is still bearable.

·
Registered
201 Posts
if this thread gets any bigger I'm going to deem the Grom as the mark of a serial crasher ;) AHAH just kidding, it seems the type of guys into the grom are heavy riders, with heavy riding comes casualties (bikes not riders) I'd say for the amount of riding you guys do it averages out just fine...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
something that most dont like to admit. Better question is who has never crashed/dropped their motorcycle or gotten into any sort of accident.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
something that most dont like to admit. Better question is who has never crashed/dropped their motorcycle or gotten into any sort of accident.
i know a couple people. but they're also the ones that ride 50 miles a year.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think I'm a serial crasher on my mountain bike. I always push beyond my ability. Hopefully, that doesn't transfer over to my motorcycle. I just started riding it this month. So far, I've managed to keep wheel-side down.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I'm a serial crasher on my mountain bike. I always push beyond my ability.
that's like being a crasher on a motocross track, it's just a part of the sport

·
Registered
201 Posts
I cracked up a bunch of cars when i used to work for dealerships back in college, at Ford it was 4, always big F series pickups, although one of them was a twofer, backed the bumper of a 250 into a Fusion and crumpled the hood like an accordion :D. At BMW I cracked up two of our loners but that was during hoonage in the parking lot with one of the techs...

Luckily I owned none of them LOL... Bikes not so much, but I'm in the 50 mile club, hopefully Grom changes that for me :D:D riding not crashing LOL

·
Registered
255 Posts
one of my buddys just smacked another one of his bikes down (this probably is #10 for him...)
so this got me thinking, is anyone else a serial crasher?

me:
-gs500 - slipped on sealcoated parking lot
-sv650 #1 - tucked the front when cut off in a parking lot
-yzf600r - lowsided on the onramp next to my house (cold tires)
-aprilia dorsoduro - tboned by a bicyclist. didn't go down.
-sv2 - lowsided in a parking lot doing ARC
-sv2 - threw it away and ran off at a stop sign when i saw someone sliding into me (of course they missed...)

-lots of minigp crashes but those don't count
Damn madv8, that is alot of falls but that only means one thing you ride mroe than the average bear ;)

As for the aprilia dorsoduro - tboned by a bicyclist. didn't go down.

somebody else did right hahahaha

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn madv8, that is alot of falls but that only means one thing you ride mroe than the average bear ;)

As for the aprilia dorsoduro - tboned by a bicyclist. didn't go down.

somebody else did right hahahaha
yep, about 60k in 7 years. the first 5 were within the first 2 years of riding

as for the bicyclist... i stop downtown at a stop sign, and receive a hard hit to the right side from a dumbass on a mountain bike riding the wrong way down a one way street on the sidewalk. i struggle to get the bike upright and was about to start swinging, but by the time i had the stand down he was cranking down the wrong way again like INS was after him...
definitely washed blood off my barend though, so serves him right :)

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
FJ1100 Car stopped in front of me.
TT500 A tree jumped out in front of me.
YSR50 Guy went down in front of me. Tried to use his bike as a ramp. Did not work.

·
Registered
256 Posts
First bike - 77 CB550 - Never down
Second bike - KLX250SF - Down 4 times, only one of those was above 5mph

1. First time riding off-road with a friend on a TW200, was a little nervous about this downhill. Finally made it but then grabbed a handful of front brake to stop and down I went.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YXXEjNbpvw]Street - Front brake good! / Offroad - Front brake BAD! - YouTube[/ame]

2. Still on street tires tried riding around my driveway light snow and hit a hidden ice patch.

3. Accident, riding a little too fast for the road panicked and washed out the front with too much brake.

4. Riding across a snow covered field slowly but got a little too cocky and hit some ice.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i know a couple people. but they're also the ones that ride 50 miles a year.
I ride 15-20k per year (and have for 5 years now) and I haven't gone down on asphalt. I've gone off plenty of times in dirt, but that's entirely different... heck, when you're trying to climb a steep hill with muddy tires on a supermoto you're just asking to take a dirt nap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.