Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It mostly happens when i gently touch the front brakes like in traffic...or just rolling the bike forward or backward, and turning the handle full to the left or right, without the engine on . I thought it would go away but it's still there and gives a noisy squeal. Is that temporary...like the pads need braking in...or do they need alignment?

·
Registered
134 Posts
i have a weird squeal as well, but not when im applying brakes, its at very low speeds like 5mph or less and it happens when im turning the bars from left/right.

i can only duplicate it like 25% of time trying, but i notice it happens everytime when i just jump on the grom and go

·
Registered
995 Posts
I doubt bedding the brakes would achieve anything, but I guess there's no harm in trying. What else could it possibly be?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got the same issue as well. I figure that if the brakes still work like they should, I'm not going to worry about it. It's probably the pad vibrating on the caliper.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same here at very low speed - like when i'm moving the bike engine's,off. It started on day one and i thought it would go away with more miles but after 2k miles it's still there from time to time. Front brake works as expected so i'm not worried, but it's a tad annoying for a new bike - sounds like an old thing...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same here at very low speed - like when i'm moving the bike engine's,off. It started on day one and i thought it would go away with more miles but after 2k miles it's still there from time to time. Front brake works as expected so i'm not worried, but it's a tad annoying for a new bike - sounds like an old thing...
totally agree! sucks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've got two different front brake squeeks I get.

1) Under light braking the front brake squeels. I've had this problem on all new bikes, as well as anyone I know who purchased a new bike. The solution is to remove the pads and grease the piston and pad backing plates and any pad tensioner plates with a high temp bearing grease. There are companies making an anti-squeek lube, but it's very expensive and almost the same thing as high temp bearing grease.

2) Whenever I do stoppies I've noticed the front tire locks up momentarily before the rear end lifts. When it locks up it makes a squeeking sound... but I'm guessing this isn't the kind of squeek you are concerned with so... see #1.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I notice it when pushing the bike around in the garage. Kind of a high pitched squeal even when I am not actually touching the brake lever. I assumed it was brake drag but have not gotten around to removing the caliper to make sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts