Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just trying to make my life easier when I work on the Grom and I heard there is a Motion Pro Tool that can help remove the flywheel and I think it's this one just want to confirm this is the right tool for the flywheel.

I found one on Motion Pro tools website that is a 27mm flywheel puller with LH
Flywheel Puller, M27X1.0 Lh Ext | Motion Pro

Not sure what the part number is for the oil spinner tool from Motion Pro or if Honda has one. Any comments is welcome.​

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So no one knows what the motion pro tool to buy, seems weird not to know, I guess not to many wrenching type of Grom owners.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not many of us have had to take apart our new bike yet .. but when I do I will post it up
I called Motion Pro tools and gave them the Honda tool part number that is recommended in the GROM service manual and one of the Motion Pro designer guy Gary is going to call me back and give me the Motion Pro part number for the tools.

The Grom maintance tool list gives Honda P/N 07716-0020100 Locknut Wrench 5.5x25/30mm or 07916-6390001 Locknut wrench 5.5x30mm for removing the spinner oil filter

for removing the flywheel you need Grom tool, Inside Screw Puller 30x1.5 p/n 07KMC-HE00100, you might also need to get a flywheel holder p/n 07725-0040001 to help you take out the flywheel.

Some scooter/grom tech/mech have found that if you used a hammer drill air/electric you might be able to use these tools with out getting the flywheel holder.

Just remember some of the threads for these nut removal are either R/H or L/H thread, meaning you either have to turn your tool clock wise or counter clock wise to remove the lock nutl or flange nut.

TO protect/inform/ and hopefully save the future Grom owners that do their own maintenance the hard ack in finding these information and hopefully other members can speak up and correct any wrong or miss-guided information.
Aloha

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
dont know anyone whos had to remove their flywheel already :p

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called Motion Pro tools and gave them the Honda tool part number that is recommended in the GROM service manual and one of the Motion Pro designer guy Gary is going to call me back and give me the Motion Pro part number for the tools.

The Grom maintance tool list gives Honda P/N 07716-0020100 Locknut Wrench 5.5x25/30mm or 07916-6390001 Locknut wrench 5.5x30mm for removing the spinner oil filter

for removing the flywheel you need Grom tool, Inside Screw Puller 30x1.5 p/n 07KMC-HE00100, you might also need to get a flywheel holder p/n 07725-0040001 to help you take out the flywheel.

Some scooter/grom tech/mech have found that if you used a hammer drill air/electric you might be able to use these tools with out getting the flywheel holder.

Just remember some of the threads for these nut removal are either R/H or L/H thread, meaning you either have to turn your tool clock wise or counter clock wise to remove the lock nutl or flange nut.

TO protect/inform/ and hopefully save the future Grom owners that do their own maintenance the hard ack in finding these information and hopefully other members can speak up and correct any wrong or miss-guided information.
Aloha
update on tool
Motion Pro called me back and said for the oil spinner removal tool their part number is 08-0015

for their Grom bearing removal tool use 08-0261 driver and there is two removal heads 08-0263 for the front and rear wheel bearing removal and 08-0268 for the rear drive hub bearing. Not sure why the different size.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Grom bearing removal tool use 08-0261 driver and there is two removal heads 08-0263 for the front and rear wheel bearing removal and 08-0268 for the rear drive hub bearing. Not sure why the different size.

OK to remove the grom bearings do not get the Motion Pro tool I listed above it did not work for me so I went back to my HFT and figured out how to use it to remove the bearings and with a little bit of muscle it came out

here is the tool you should get from HFT
Search results for: 'blind hole bearing puller set'

It comes with a case and if you can get a 25% discount coupon found in most motorcycle mags, or American shooters mag or when HFT sends you their adds than you'll only pay around $54 well worth the price.

Make sure you push this part down to where it seats on the bearing and tighten, that way the tool head will not slide out and get you frustrated like I was getting.

Grom rim with bearings out

front rim, bearings gone

rear rim, bearings removed

Now time to remove the black paint and get the rim ready for custom paint/powder coating

1 - 7 of 7 Posts