Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Grom on Sept 17,2013

But with the bad weather. I have only had the Grom out a few times. Currently with 171km on the odometer

Are you guys still riding?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
^ where did you get that from?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, so far one used to ride, but the transmission failed.

I'm sure someone's got one with low miles that hasn't shaken apart.

Plus I'm sure anyone less than 90 pounds will likely chime in.

Most others are working on the front forks, swingarm bushings, 3200 rpm idles, and the small setbacks associated with early production flaws.

Don't worry, for a pittance of a mere $1999, plus warranty work, most should be ready before the spring thaw.

Grommy Grom, the bike ain't made for 275 pound porkers!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Honda grom must be trying to bump his way up the list lol. Aside from a bit of rattle from the headlight cowl and that god awful whine that is slowly going away my grom is daily ridden. I'm 6'4" and 220 not a porker but def not a little dude. Why the hate, are you having problems with your grom?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry, don't know about the list. You can take me off of it if you want. I have no aspirations. I don't see myself receiving any brownie points either.

A little extra bacon in the morning never hurt. Just saying they're made for smaller persons.

I don't hate them. I expected a little more in areas where the cuts were made. Maybe if you can keep it running it'll wear down into the perfect machine. A little shaking isn't all bad. Probably just a little scared every time 220 presses a bit beyond the limits.

I'll keep an eye out for the fork seal report.

Good Luck, and Happy Grommin'

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
you guys do realize, this is the Canada regional forum?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here in Texas many of us ride year around. I do. Weather is just now getting nice. 1435 mi. on the Grom I picked up Sept 10th. I love it. I take it on the interstate almost every day and pin the throttle, tuck, and click off 20 miles plus. The only problem I had was...no problems actually. The chain was out of specs (too tight) and the intake valve was on the tight side, but the little engine is tried and true and bullet proof. Easiest bike ever to work on. I don't know how I would feel about parking a bike for 6 months or not being able to legally take it on the interstate, but neither of those are factors.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here in Texas many of us ride year around. I do. Weather is just now getting nice. 1435 mi. on the Grom I picked up Sept 10th. I love it. I take it on the interstate almost every day and pin the throttle, tuck, and click off 20 miles plus. The only problem I had was...no problems actually. The chain was out of specs (too tight) and the intake valve was on the tight side, but the little engine is tried and true and bullet proof. Easiest bike ever to work on. I don't know how I would feel about parking a bike for 6 months or not being able to legally take it on the interstate, but neither of those are factors.
Yaaaaay! It'll be ridden year round. No problems, serviced accordingly and putt putting along! +1

·
Registered
55 Posts
Same here. I am averaging 300 miles a week!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have 5 bikes now having just been GIVEN a 2006 Metropolitan scooter by my neighbor and since it is so cheap to run, I do a lot of trips around town on it. I refuse to let any bike not be ridden at least every couple days though. The Met demonstrates why. It had only 972 miles on it when I got it 1 week ago. Now? 1481 mi. It was not running due to gunk in the carb from not being ridden in months. Wasn't hard to fix. In fact, I didn't have to take anything off. Used starting fluid to get it going, then sprayed a can of carb cleaner in the intake...took over an hour, changed the plug, air filter, gear oil, crankcase oil, went through 4 tanks of gas and the scoot runs perfect! We have crappy gasohol and that's our only choice, so you have to ride the bikes to keep them healthy. It's a full-time "job" just riding 5 bikes, but somebody's got to do it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
lol some ppl have more then 1x bike, that go faster then 55mph,

my groms new less then 200 miles, but its a toy and i cant rail on it and drag kneee cuz itll drag peg lift the rear and highside me......

thats what the r1's for

·
Registered
35 Posts
I rode for 250km then tore it down for mods 5 days ago. Supposed to have an exhaust system and tail eliminator ready to ride by the weekend. supposed to be in the mid teens for temp so I will only wear one snowsuit. Studded tires on the way j/k :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts