Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought we could discuss some of the down sides of the Grom. This would include bad things people say about the Grom that aren't true, as well as more legitimate concerns.

I'll go first:

A lot of people just hate on mini-bikes. "Why don't you get a real bike?"

My answer:

1. This is a real bike.
2. I want a mini-bike. If I wanted a full-size bike then that is what I would buy.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I told a gal about the bike and she didn't like the idea of it being only 125 cc's. She said she rode dirt bikes with that displacement and claimed to have no power.
Some people have no sense of scale. 9 horsepower is plenty for most local applications.

Reactions: FunSize

·
Registered
50 Posts
Being on the forum for a while now and have read many negative/positive things about the new Honda Grom. I think its a matter of opinion, everyone is titled to their opinions. In either case I want my Grom now!

·
Registered
16 Posts
1. Lack of availability.
2. Report of hard seat.
3. No fold down handlebars like monkeybikes of old.
4. No bike can be everything to everyone, but those who want a cheap fun reliable urban fun bike this has all the makings of a hit. 125cc is plenty for urban use, perhaps not abuse. I ride a 125cc Kawi in the city and it pulls my fat tail around just fine. All machinery is a compromise- what are your priorities?:motorcycle4_smilie:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I once spent a fantastic couple of days on a rented 125 scooter in the mountains of Greece. I went into it thinking no way will this be fun. That 125 had plenty of power and got my 210 pounds up and down the mountaintops just fine. The Grom is a step or two ahead in evolution and I really think it's going to be a total blast. There's a reason Honda decided on 125cc's when it could've gone bigger - it's big enough to get the job done!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Slow, waste of money, "why why why?" I dunno. Stunters seem to be more understanding of it, my friends who don't ride think it's dinky, track day friends love the idea of it as a minimoto and pit bike. Anyone wants to have a big dick contest over bikes I'll just pull out the S1000RR or RC51.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sure wouldn't spend any time worrying about what someone else said about my bike. In fact, I'd look at those comments as a positive. I think one of the cool things about the Grom is how much it's gonna get the haters talking. I just love that stuff, can't wait.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.