Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is it about the Grom, that you're either not a fan of or plan to change? From paddling around the threads I've noticed a few complaints:

Seat is really stiff and uncomfortable for trips longer than an hour.

Rear fender is brutal yet easy enough to change

Safety stickers, again easy enough fix, goo gone or a gas rag.

Airbox, although I'm not sure if this is a complaint just a simple mod lots of y'all are up to...

Right, so mostly visual issues I've listed, what about performance wise or even issues that pop up after living with the Grom for a few weeks?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
seat is stiff. heard complaints about the transmission not being smooth.

not enough power.

what else?

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
high handlebars - personal preference though and i'll be swapping to protapers
footpeg location - need to find a good deal on rearsets
"vague" gearbox. not a big deal, and will probably get better as it breaks in
"squishy" front brake - probably dealer didn't bleed it right, easy fix

·
Registered
123 Posts
Rear fender was stupid, that was easily fixed though.

Seat is uncomfortable

Wouldnt hurt to have a LITTLE more power since I cant actually take it on the highway at the current speed its capable of.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mirrors. They look like antenna on an insect

·
Registered
154 Posts
Clutch engagement blows the lever is almost all the way out before it grabs might be adjustment issue but I'm waiting on adj levers too see how I like it. I have bear paws and like my levers a little stiffer just preference but I "feel" more

·
Registered
123 Posts
Clutch engagement blows the lever is almost all the way out before it grabs might be adjustment issue but I'm waiting on adj levers too see how I like it. I have bear paws and like my levers a little stiffer just preference but I "feel" more

I noticed that as well, wish it grabbed a little more in the middle of the pull.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think I'm the only person here with extensive transmission woes. My tranny always catches N during the 1-2 shift, skips in 3rd, and hates going into 4th. Also is so clunky it could set off the Richter scale with each shift. Gets on my nerves on a regular basis and after 300 miles has not improved one bit. I'm a huge Honda fan, given my past experience, and am 100% sure my dealer will deal with the problem ASAP and having it run as a Honda should. Will post back with details of the results...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Oh yeah and does anyone have a rattling panel and or exhaust rattle? I'm thinkin the core on the cat isn't 100% in place and I know the left clip from the shroud into the airbox doesnt fit the greatest

·
Registered
156 Posts
Transmission issues - getting into neutral can be a pain. Moving the bike back and forth almost every time you have to park isn't a lot of fun.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Transmission issues - getting into neutral can be a pain. Moving the bike back and forth almost every time you have to park isn't a lot of fun.
Try putting it into neutral before you stop completely. First to neutral is not bad at all on mine I've had zero problems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts