Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of these coming to test. It's a full Ti system.
Friend who's Grom that is, is reporting mid/high-60's speedwise, and other than that exhaust, it's stock...no airbox mods, nothing else.

Yes, it's long, but also notice it hangs a little lower, so no turn signal obstruction issues with stock or tidy tail

·
Registered
995 Posts
I actually love how it looks, and think with a black finish it would look even better. How does it sound? Do you have a video of it or know of one?

What did it end up costing you in the end?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice, I was hoping for the canister to be a bit smaller in diameter. It looks huge lol Thats what she said :D

Looking forward to hearing how it sounds.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, before you go on, keep in mind, I am not a great mechanic, but I was able to install the system in about 30 minutes. An experienced mechanic that's better prepared than I, can easily put on in 15 minutes, and this was without any instructions, and because the unit is actually an MSX-125 pipe, for the Thai verson, so there are extra parts, so do not flip out during install.

What's in the box

Stock exhaust removed

See where I am pointing my thumb and finger? They're slots, after you remove screw, you SLIDE the plastic heat shield to remove it..."tab A slides out of slot B"...understand?

Where header meets can section. It has BOTH a clamp and a spring to secure it...hope you have a spring puller

Pull the metal spacer inside the rubber mount inside the stock silencer mount hole (rubber won't fit on Arrow, too small a hole), and then use that spacer as a spacer for new system.

Stock

With Arrow Exhaust

Blinker/Exhaust Clearance

YouTube - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZirerJ3MNI]New Arrow Exhaust on Honda Grom - YouTube[/ame]

PERFORMANCE - It's definitely has a bit more pop off the bottom, and roll ons at about 5000 RPM, you can really feel it pull, and there seems to be a lot more on the top.
It is not loud, at all, only slightly louder than stock....it's like a little throatier (that a word) than stock....a deeper sounding stock

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for sharing. The end can is IDENTICAL to the one I had on the CRF450R. Italians.. love 'em. very cost effective.
LOL

EDIT: It sounds great !

·
Registered
336 Posts
I like that it's not really loud. If I could keep the heat shield on, it'd be a winner. Unfortunately, since I do ride around with my woman, I can't have an exhaust that will burn her leg.

·
Registered
114 Posts
NO matter how I say it, it sounds dirty... so here goes.

It's so BIG! I think if it was a little shorter I would like it more. Sounds good, though.

I love my Yoshi, but it's freaking loud.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It really shifts the powerband.
With stock, it was pretty easy to get it to the top speed redline WFO within about a mile or so, right about 57-58 mph (sea level, flat, 155# rider)

Now with this Arrow, I get to same speed, same distance, but only at about 7500 rpm, not 8500 rpm

I have not even got to 4th gear redline on it yet, and since rain is looming, I can't give it a really long stretch to get there and see what the top speed is, but the pipe feels a lot like how a gearing change would.
Can't attribute directly to pipe/can design or just the elimination of the cat with the use of the system, but there is a true, real, noticeable, difference between stock and the Arrow Ti system, without being loud and obnoxious.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On the Arrow systems, the titanium canister is actually longer (300mm) than the aluminum one (270mm)

Here is a pic of the aluminum one.

·
Registered
995 Posts
i think the longer exhaust looks better, i rather have some of it come past the rear blinkers, i just think it looks better than being shorter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts