Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy,
I received my new Asia Racing Products Grom aluminum swingarm today. The workmanship, welding are first rate. For the life of me, I can't figure out how they can make these swingarms for the price they do, $263.00 + $75.00 shipping. They must be paying the workers in China 10 cents an hour. I would have more money in the material. In any rate, it's nice. I'll wait until the shock comes in next week to install both at the same time.
Brian S

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hard to say from the pics but i am guessing its stock size?
Should have gotten one which is height adjustable, whole new riding experience. Just saying ;)

·
Registered
995 Posts
wow these swing arms look amazing, for a price like that they almost seem like a steal, especially being new. the welds on them are beautiful, no complaints here!

How much would you have guessed it was price at without knowing the official price?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hard to say from the pics but i am guessing its stock size?
Should have gotten one which is height adjustable, whole new riding experience. Just saying ;)
I think you are right. Do you know of any extended swingarms that have multiple lower shock mount options?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think you are right. Do you know of any extended swingarms that have multiple lower shock mount options?

Mine has 3 options and is way longer then the original one - see the pics below. Will look for the brand when the bike comes back home on monday.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aluminum Swingarm

The swingarm is stock length. Having said that, the stock swingarm is pretty long. I complared it to my Kaw. Ninja1000 swingarm, and did a math check against the wheel base of both. The ratio's are about the same. I'm guessing that a longer arm is really about looks, I get it. I ordered an arm with one shock mount because I am a long time user of YSS shocks. I have had 4 sets on various bikes. My YRZ385 Yamaha 2 stroke has a remote can fully adjustable shock on it. I always order the shocks that allow a ride height adjustment. When my new YSS shock gets here early next week, the first thing I'm doing is to dismantle the stock Honda shock and measure the spring rate, against the YSS. I have to make a couple of adapters to mount them on my shock dyno, so that will take a week or so. All in due time, I have to make a living too.
Brian S

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mine has 3 options and is way longer then the original one - see the pics below. Will look for the brand when the bike comes back home on monday.

Thanks!! Been trying to get good info on a longer swing for a month or more. Really want the extra length and adjustability.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How to buy at this point

I ordered the swingarm off of Ebay. Just list Honda Grom parts and it will all show up. Expect about 2 to 3 weeks delivery, for $75.00, it's coming from Thailand, not LA, CA as listed in the ads.
Brian
PS, I would not buy the non braced swing arm, the steel oem would be stronger. The top brace model will not allow you to use the oem tire hugger. Bottom brace model or nothing.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

is that your GROM? :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts