Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A fresh video made 2 days ago of a small ride of the grom with yoshi rs-9 full system and K&N air filter.

Actually most of the sound recorded on the video is coming from the K&N.

Enjoy !

(play it from youtube in 1080p, if you play it from the forum you won't be able to chose the quality).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWlF4MtUB5g]Honda grom / msx bangkok ride with yoshimura rs-9 full system / K&N air filter - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
998 Posts
Nothing like splitting lanes, just like in California, except some California drivers do not look out for motorcycle riders.

Yep ride it like you stole it. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, sorry if the video shocked.

It's more or less how most of the guys are driving here in Bkk, of course for the video i'm pushing the bike a bit and i'm usually not driving like this.

Now you understand why i'm complaining about the brakes / tires, it's really something that i need to be "top notch" !

Just FYI at the beginning of the video i yell "Aaarh" when the girl is walking on the zebra, it's not because of her but cause i could not find the neutral gear on the bike and i was fighting with the selector.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got kind of a nerve stuck in my left shoulder since 2 years and holding the handlebar is making my arm tired / painful so i'm trying to avoid it. Homemade solution, could not find any doctor able to tell me what it was.

·
Registered
134 Posts
yea i figured, you had a cramp or something related that would prevent you from grabbing the bar,

funny a friend of mine had a hand injury too, doctor said they were gonna reconnect the nerve and the range of movement will not be 100%, they gave him the option to keep his index and thumbs straight, or curl them both like a C, he chose to get the C option so he can still grip the handlebar to this day

·
Registered
255 Posts
Good video looked great in 1080p. Wicked how you have the balls to ride like that through traffic and all i wouldn't be able to over here.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah to me that looks like some crazy riding, but I'm guessing that that's just how you ride over there. I know the first time I was in Kuwait I was shocked by the way people drove!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea i figured, you had a cramp or something related that would prevent you from grabbing the bar,

funny a friend of mine had a hand injury too, doctor said they were gonna reconnect the nerve and the range of movement will not be 100%, they gave him the option to keep his index and thumbs straight, or curl them both like a C, he chose to get the C option so he can still grip the handlebar to this day
Well, that sounds pretty bad.

My case is not that bad, i can do all i want with my left arm / hand but some movements / positions are making my arm + hand weaker & painful during a couple of hours or even days.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Nice video, Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I want to make a trip to Thailand and rent a bike an ride! Been thinking about it for a while now. Will do it sometime hopefully soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, sorry if the video shocked.

It's more or less how most of the guys are driving here in Bkk, of course for the video i'm pushing the bike a bit and i'm usually not driving like this.

Now you understand why i'm complaining about the brakes / tires, it's really something that i need to be "top notch" !

Just FYI at the beginning of the video i yell "Aaarh" when the girl is walking on the zebra, it's not because of her but cause i could not find the neutral gear on the bike and i was fighting with the selector.
I would have yell for the girl :)
How fast can you run your Grom? I'll look in your thread now in case it in here lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would have yell for the girl :)
How fast can you run your Grom? I'll look in your thread now in case it in here lol
Hi ! quite late but i reply, the fastest i've done was 128-129 km/h but i was then stopped by the injection limit, which is pretty scary when you are in descent, you feel like the engine just died slowly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice vid ! Are you on the stock ecu? I should put a filter in mine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts