Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode to Hollister yesterday morning on the RED grom before I do the BrianS 170cc BBK and polished head/duel spring valves/bigger valve install. I wanted to see what I won't be missing as far as HP goes with the 125cc. Stopped by Hollister Power house where I picked up the RED grom in Jan 2014 and talked to the sales person that sold me the Grom.

Anyone in the Bay area that is looking for a Grom Hollister has a Black one being serviced yesterday, call the sales person if you want it.

Hollister Biker rally was really dead on Sunday, great day for buying stuff since there were lots of deals to be made.

Riding back to San Jose I was only able to hit 60mph and never could get back up to 65mph like before and the only two changes that I think did affect the speed was when I tried using 91 oct gas and switched back to 87 oct when I noticed I was unable to get up to 65mph and the airbox mods.

Here it is being taken a part, removed all sensors, exhaust pipe, throttle body, etc
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

dam carbon sure likes to stick on the piston

Removing the piston, next move inside of the house so I can assemble the 170cc BBK

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
worked on installing the piston rings, the crower cam, intake/exhaust rocker arm with the little add on cap for the valve stem, lots of swearing and oh shoot but going to install the BBK main section this morning.

setting up the rocker arms

little black cap goes on top of the valve stem

Home made compression ring tool, plastic cut to size and a couple of heavy duty rubber band

line the cylinder wall with oil and push in the piston

piston set in cylinder, now add a little more oil and run the piston up and down to see if there is any binding, my quality control inspector "green parrot" checking out the work

removing the exhaust stud was EZ just double up on the install nut and use the bottom nut to remove the stud with your wrench

Last edited by CiscoSanJose; Today at 10:26 AM.​

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
added three upgraded clutch spring and also installed the cam chain tension mod spacer for BBK with dual valve springs and crowner cam setup.

added three EBC HD clutch springs

added the BrianS spacer mod for any BBK that has a Crower cam or any other cam with dual valve springs, helps with the cam chain tension problem

added a modified flange unit for the port/polish head since the input port is a little bigger then stock after the porting.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Test fit the lipo battery with all the PCV and auto sensor unit.

First did a comparison size check and voltage check between OEM grom battery and my lipo battery

stock voltage

lipo battery

test fit all the mods into the area where the stock OEM battery use to fit

notice the clearance in the battery height compared to stock hold down clamp for the OEM battery

Last mod will be to add two more fuse holder unit one for the HID system and the other one for the PCV and all it's add on. Going to run 10amp fuse for ea holder

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great photos, thanks the the details.

You're pretty much doing what I'm planning on doing over the winter. (Probably many others are planning on doing the same too!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts