Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

So i have some ideas to get my grom/msx a bit more unique and i want to adjust the tail light including the exhaust.
Here is a pic of what i am trying to do:

I found a akrapovic exhaust which has kind of the same shape like the one in the pic above, but its a single exhaust. So either i buy two of the single exhausts and put them together (only attach them visually, not connect the airflow) or i buy a big bike exhaust and try to fit it on the msx somehow.
I am thinking about an original ducati exhaust which will look berserk on the bike but no one knows what it will sound like and original ducati parts are quite pricy over here. Almost 300% import tax.. :eek:

Has anyone done something like that? Take a big bike exhaust and put it on a small bike? What is the outcome?

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
will it fit?? because i think it will be huge?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Do you know what the price is like on the akrapovic exhaust you want, and how much the complete setup will cost you in the end? knowing akrapovic, it wont be cheap. but well worth it in the end :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
obviously a big bike exhaust will need to be chopped a screwed to link up with the Grom. a dual underseat pipe set up would be sweet, but is there enough room under there for both pipes to fit? Why not just a single underseat?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
you could do something custom. But question is - are you only going to use one of them? Not sure how connecting both the pipes to the header will treat the performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts