1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
256 Posts
Good work picking up the box on the Grom, seems like it came pretty quick too from when you ordered it. Are you putting this plastic on the current Grom in the meantime or saving it until you get your other one?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good work picking up the box on the Grom, seems like it came pretty quick too from when you ordered it. Are you putting this plastic on the current Grom in the meantime or saving it until you get your other one?
Saving for the second Grom, I was going to put it on the RED Grom but since I replaced the rear black plastic with all RED it looks great so all I will add is the Gold rims and do a black paint stripping of the spare F/R brake calipers and paint those calipers GOLD to match the Gold rims. Some other touches for the RED Grom will be to paint the muffler heat shield SILVER and the Front light cover RED.

For the BLUE plastic it will be installed on the second Grom, I have spare everything so I will paint the Gas tank cover SILVER, the Front light cover SILVER, give the side triangle insert some type of SILVER/BLACK design, rear fender/chain guard either matching BLUE or SILVER. The rims will be the strip down rims that I did a while back. I like the bare metal look, both brake calipers will be stripped of the black paint, the front lower fork that is black paint will be stripped to bare metal. The swing arm will be replaced with the one I stripped the paint off and tried to polish it, if the polish don't look good than I will take the swing arm down to hi-luster and get it chromed. I hate to spend too much money but I would rather do most of the work myself and use mostly OEM parts since it would be EZ to match stuff in case I have to repair/replace broken/scratched part.

These rims will be used on the Blue grom

·
Registered
995 Posts
Blue plastic looks amazing!

Seeing your bike rolling down the street with a big box on the back must have been quite the sight for pedestrians

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
man cisco you strap some big things onto the back of that grom huh

hows that rear suspension holding up to the use?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Big and bulky, but not particularly heavy. Even if the RX-7 transmission was somewhere around 50-60 pounds that's the same as riding two-up with a child, much less than a full adult.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts