Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my first real ride from my house to the gym which is about 8 miles away. First impression is the engine is still tight but it has very good low end torque.
The A/F guage showed thur out the RPM range about 13.2-14 and some times 11.5 on the gauge.

After riding to the gym I did a Temp check on the cylinder head, the exhaust pipe, the cylinder. I also did a temp check after coming back from gym and Costco store.

Temp at idle after a 36 mile ride

oil spinner engine cover temp, Grom engine in idle
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

Temp on muffler
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

A/F reading thur out the rpm riding range to from Gym and downtown Japan town San Jose

temp on cylinder

temp on BrianS 170cc port/polish head

My over all impression is WOW, the engine is still tight with now about 40 miles with the BrianS 170cc BBK with P/P head and duel valve spring, etc.
Yes the front end comes up with my 210-212 body wt and sitting in normally position and not at the far rear of the seat

I kept the RPM's down to 7K range.

the head wind is no problem.

Tips for those who are going to install BBK
first do the BBK and no other mods such as HID unit and stuff. This will keep your problem solving down to a min.
Should you get a BBK, yes if one you can afford it, two have patience, check and recheck all your torque and settings and document or take pic of any modification.

Anyway good luck all

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For all this is the total review with Pic from start to finish, Grom used was my RED grom that I bought for my daughter to use to go to college which she doesn't want to ride or not interested in riding, most likely due to mom crashing on her Harley and almost killing her.

BrianS 170cc BBK and P/P head with bigger valve and dual spring

Crower cam

PCV with WB-02 auto sensor

modified OEM exhaust pipe

Modified OEM air box

Lipo battery

Michelin tires 140/70-12 rear

gearing and sprockets are all OEM stock from the factory

Gas used is Union 76 87 oct

spark plug is NGK CPR7EA-9

oil is off the shelf 10-40 motorcycle dino oil any brand.

F/I PC-150 fuel injector used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.