Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took me about 5 hours from drawing it on a paper to finishing it on my bike. All I used was a saws-all and a drill but I'am going to go back and weld a tiny support underneath just for longevity reasons from vibrations over time since the steel is so thin, but can't complain for only paying $10 for the sheet of steel from lowes. I've never liked buying stuff when I could possibly just build it myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
I built my template tonight in cardboard and am building it in vector format on the computer tonight. Tomorrow I'll print out the paper template and cut some steel to make my fender replacement. Once everything works out nicely I think I'll upload all the data to the forum for y'all.

The problem I have is with all of the effort I've gone through and material cost I'm not saving much money (assuming I count the value of my time) vs buying the Composimo unit. I'm going to recommend everyone do that since it's so much simpler. I still love yours though which is why I'll finish making mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I built my template tonight in cardboard and am building it in vector format on the computer tonight. Tomorrow I'll print out the paper template and cut some steel to make my fender replacement. Once everything works out nicely I think I'll upload all the data to the forum for y'all.

The problem I have is with all of the effort I've gone through and material cost I'm not saving much money (assuming I count the value of my time) vs buying the Composimo unit. I'm going to recommend everyone do that since it's so much simpler. I still love yours though which is why I'll finish making mine.
I took some measurements, kind of just guessed on some of them and drew it on paper. After I cut out of the paper, I used a sharpie to trace it on the 1/16th sheet metal. I used my mig welder to tack on a small plate underneath for some added support then painted it with some hammered spray paint since its a little more thick and resists rust. I would've used thicker gauge aluminum if I had an aluminum welder but I threw this together as more or a temporary thing but it came out better than I thought it would. I just leave it until it breaks but I don't think it will. Hopefully, anyways :p

Ill take some more pictures Wednesday and post them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts