Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if a stock grom cam be grounded/mod to a performance cam duration such as some of these other performance cams coming out for the Grom and if so who can I send my cam to and what is the price range to have it re-grounded or is it better to buy one from these performance cam manufacturers.

If it can be done does anyone know of a place in Northern Calif that will do it if not who is the best in the country for that or can BrianS and his team do it!!!!

I know it might be a dumb questions for some members here but I'm sure other Grom owners are wondering about this also.

Ride safe all

·
Registered
154 Posts
Most cam companies weld and regrind OEM cams. check webcamshafts.com Odds are you are gonna have to send the cam in to them and specify duration and lift, which is gonna be the tricky part unless you go through and triple check all your piston clearances and how much lift we can use before valve springs start binding or valves start floating. It's not gonna be cheaper unless you are friendly with anyone who has all the tooling

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most cam companies weld and regrind OEM cams. check webcamshafts.com Odds are you are gonna have to send the cam in to them and specify duration and lift, which is gonna be the tricky part unless you go through and triple check all your piston clearances and how much lift we can use before valve springs start binding or valves start floating. It's not gonna be cheaper unless you are friendly with anyone who has all the tooling
I just emailed Crower if they do re-ground/mod stock Grom/MSX 125 cam since they already sell a performance cam for the Grom. I will post any feedback on this matter from them on this post.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just emailed Crower if they do re-ground/mod stock Grom/MSX 125 cam since they already sell a performance cam for the Grom. I will post any feedback on this matter from them on this post.
here is the feed back
Yes its 109 exchange price … send your cam in then we can contact you …thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts