Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't laugh at folks on a Ruckus... those are pretty cool. However, I have always had a good chuckle out of people on the standard vespa style scooter. Even today, as I pulled up next to a guy on his little scooter, me on my GROM... I still couldn't help but smirk. My wife told me that I can't, not when I ride my Grom and Z50's... but those are MOTORCYCLES, damnit! They're much more fun than my 1100 to ride.

BTW, I blew him away. I slowed down to let him catch up before the curves and I took off again. You could hear that little motor screaming when he got close.

:scooter:

·
Registered
998 Posts
I won't because it is called BAD KARMA,

if you don't believe me go ahead and see what happens to you.

The Ride is the fun and joy no matter what size motorcycle, scooter or anything with two wheels, three wheels that put a smile on your face.

Hey your ride safe

·
Registered
29 Posts
Scooter riders no.. Squids in a t-shirt and shorts with their helmet secured not to their head, but to the tail of the bike... Yes.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hmmm. The Grom will not blow away a Vespa 300...Not even close. Plus by 50 mph you are essentially through on the Grom, but the Vespa has over 30 mph more top speed. I doubt the Grom is as fast as a Vespa 150.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts

·
Administrator
365 Posts
Guys on Scooters yes. Girls on scooters get a pass. There are some cute chicks that ride around Toronto on their scooters. You are also allowed to laugh at Harley riders as well. ;) Oh and CanAm Spyders.

Stew

Just joking Harley guys....

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm not a 'scooter guy'... however... Vespa's are pretty rad.... especially older models.... And a Ruckus gets a free pass as well.... people with Grom's are somewhere in their own category.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL... that silverwing is a monster of a scooter. Back in high school I had a buddy that had a Spree, and that thing was a real DOG. I rode it once because my friend got sick in the middle of the day and asked me to ride it home for him. It was fun, but man... talk about giving up some pride.

Had another friend that had a big scooter with a 250, he would trade me sometimes so he could drive my truck. That thing was ridiculous. I called it the flying seat. Still embarrassing to ride, though.

I'll get this thing hopped up, I won't have too many silly moments where I get beat up by a flying seat! ;)

·
Premium Member
719 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I say make fun if you want. I will ride anything on two wheels and will make fun of myself. I look like grape ape on those little things so if it gives people a laugh more power to them. Life is too short not to chuckle at yourself or others on occasion. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you aren't going to laugh at the guy on the Ruckus you can't laugh at the guy on the Vespa; not to mention that Vespa's are pretty darn cool.

You shouldn't make fun of them anyways, unless they are being morons, then it's o.k. ;-)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can't get it out of my head. I have to laugh.

With that said, I saw plenty of people getting a good laugh out of my big ass on the Grom yesterday. I'm okay with that... I'm normally in a polyester jumpsuit with a wig on when I'm on a little bike.

Greg, you need to find a Spree to add to your mix so you can one wheel it around the neighborhood! A spree with some x-terrain tires would be perfect for the tunnel to 35! LOL

·
Registered
15 Posts
Guys on Scooters yes. Girls on scooters get a pass. There are some cute chicks that ride around Toronto on their scooters. You are also allowed to laugh at Harley riders as well. ;) Oh and CanAm Spyders.

Stew

Just joking Harley guys....
I have a Yamaha R1 and a Harley two different bikes for my 2 different personalities and no one laughing but me as I pass everyone

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
In HS I rode a lil 49cc with another guy.... With just me on it (240 at the time) it would do about 40mph but with me and another dude (who was 260+) we topped it out at like 19 mph and were scraping the ground lol

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
One you start talking about two guys cuddling on a scooter, the thread kinda dies. Hahaha

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: leick and 69z50
1 - 20 of 61 Posts