Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Texas is large enough to be split into different areas. Austin and San Antonio are close enough to be paired up and both have an active small bike/ scooter scene.
I'll go first: checking in from San Antonio.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
It would be a rough ride from here in ft worth down there on. 65mph bike too. Lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hope to latch onto a grom just as it cools down here in Houston.

Jim
haha... no offense but u sound like my coworker!

i'm a cl nut, and i found him a rebel for $1800. 6 months later, i finally picked up a zuma 50cc.

in the last two months i have put 600 miles on it. i ride everyday it's not raining? the only time the heat is a pain, is in a drivethru during lunch.

not moving at noon sucks bc you sitting there behind other hot exhausts for up to 10mins.

in the 6 months he has owned the rebel. he hasnt ride to work once!

he keeps saying it is too hot! anyway, just get out there and rnjoy the ride! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think I saw one of the Groms at Woods on Breaker Ln last weekend. I went there to check out the CB500F with my wife. I'm going back this Saturday to see if they have one and check it out. I agree with the guys above, I think this will be a great tootling around bike but a pain in the rear if you try to take it out on long rides!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I saw one of the Groms at Woods on Breaker Ln last weekend. I went there to check out the CB500F with my wife. I'm going back this Saturday to see if they have one and check it out. I agree with the guys above, I think this will be a great tootling around bike but a pain in the rear if you try to take it out on long rides!
Did you get a chance to go back to Woods? Did they have one for sale already?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just put a deposit on a black one in San Antonio. Watch out hill country.:^)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
5 are pre-sold at one of the dealerships here in San Antonio (5 out of 6 they are getting). I am sure People in Austin are trying to get their hands on the Grom too. If you want one, you'd better be calling Woods soon...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I actually have relatively good luck as far as people "Not trying to kill me" in inner city austin
Yeah, Austin has a decent amount of motorcyclists, and a lot of bicyclists and scooter/moped riders, especially in the downtown area, so I think people are somewhat used to people on two wheels. You do still get plenty of oblivious people texting and talking on their cell phones while driving, though...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, I went back the weekend before last and Woods hadn't gotten any Groms in yet. The earliest they said they expected them was the 28th and that they already had 5 deposits. My deposit on one in Waco at Barger's seems to have gone into limbo as they can't seem to tell me when it's going to come in. Right now, my best bet is the first deposit I put down in Charlotte while I was out at a job site. That one has moved up to the 23rd in the computer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
hey guys I live in Minneapolis right now but am working to move to Austin before the end of this year. I have a Grom on order up here...if I do make the move I look forward to riding with some of you guys!!

I just need to find a Mechanical Engineering job in Austin.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I finally got my Grom this past week. I'm lovin' it!

There's a scooter rally the last weekend of September. My wife and I are planning on attending a with a couple of friends (mounted on Ruckuses). Anyone else here planning on attending the event?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts