Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to put some LED turn signals on the rear of my grom and they stayed steady burning.

Should I wire in resistors to the turn signals or has someone figured out an easy replacement for the flasher or what?

·
Registered
288 Posts
They make flasher relays that work with LEDs I know people get them for the sport bikes when they install them. I never have so I don't know the part numbers or what they are originally from.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You want an electronic flasher not a mechanical one. I put one on my grom. The stock flasher is only 2 post. The flasher I got is 3 post. The third is ground so I just hooked it to ground and LEDs flash like they should. I still have stock fronts. You can run all led or all regular bulbs or a combo of the 2 with an electronic flasher

·
Registered
29 Posts
You want an electronic flasher not a mechanical one. I put one on my grom. The stock flasher is only 2 post. The flasher I got is 3 post. The third is ground so I just hooked it to ground and LEDs flash like they should. I still have stock fronts. You can run all led or all regular bulbs or a combo of the 2 with an electronic flasher
Where did you get it and how much? I changed out my front flashers last night and mine don't blink either.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wheres the flasher on the Grom? I havent looked yet.

I have a bunch of 2 pin LED flashers enroute for customers.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I ordered from Amazon. Here is the link. Price $9.99 with free shipping

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008C9YJ6C/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: 3-Pin CF-13 Electronic Flasher Relay Fix For LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs: Automotive[/ame]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wheres the flasher on the Grom? I havent looked yet. .
Flasher is behind the headlight. Pretty easy to get to. Once you remove the light and unplug the bulb the flasher has easy access. The stock flasher has a piece of rubber that mounts around a metal tab (like most flashers Honda uses). The new flasher did not, but I simply zip-tied it to the bracket and haven't had a problem.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Flasher is behind the headlight. Pretty easy to get to. Once you remove the light and unplug the bulb the flasher has easy access. The stock flasher has a piece of rubber that mounts around a metal tab (like most flashers Honda uses). The new flasher did not, but I simply zip-tied it to the bracket and haven't had a problem.
Is their more of a study way to mount it rather than using zip ties?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts