Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to clean and inspect my 1992 Fatboy since it has been sitting around since 2008 when I had to pick it up in Mohave Valley Arizona. The Fatboy was stored in a barn on the property that I use to own and was awarded to the EX-wife in our divorce settlement so I picked it up and stored it at my Ex-wifes manufactured house in San Jose. Funny thing is the Arizona judge in the divorce case gave my house to my EX and gave me her manufactured house in San Jose which she still had payments on.

Checked the Fatboy out and noticed it was starting to rust on most of the chrome and I broke out this product called LUSTER PAD metal cleaner and dam that thing worked great, but it looks like I will have to remove the floor boards and the clutch cover to have it re-chrome since the rust in those three units is really bad which caused the metal to pit.

I will also have to remove both rims and install new tires and service the bearings since they were caked hard from sitting in the barn in 2006-07 time frame when the temp in Mohave valley got to 100 plus degrees.

I noticed the last change of DMV sticker stated 2008, so looks like I will have to remove the gas from the tanks, remove the spark plugs and spray some wd40 and a drop of oil in each cylinder and hand turn the engine to lub the cylinder walls. The Fatboy has under 18K original miles on the ODM.

Fatboy uncovered and the cleaning started.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

I'm going to take off the super-trapp pipes and polish them with those special wax on a buffing wheel
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

That's the problem with chrome you always have to polish the shit out of them

yep after this Harley, I have to do the same cleaning on my Black 1994 Heritage.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts

Good looking bike. Hope it does not take to much to get her back into shape.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts