Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I changed my levers with some shorty levers I ordered on ebay

T2W CNC Adjustable Brake Clutch Levers Honda CBR125R 04-12 Short | eBay

Because they are not made for the grom I had to adjust the clutch cable.

Now the adjuster bolt keeps comming of when i drive for about 5 minutes...
Very annoying since it's almost impossible to clutch then and I also don't want to damage my bike.

Pictures:

How it should stay:

How it is after driving for about 5 minutes

·
Registered
998 Posts
did you use blue loctite on the tread?

I use to do a lot of aerospace testing on stuff we sent into space and part of our testing was vibration testing of our electronic boxes and guidance system boxes and the way we did our testing was putting test box on a vibration tester/shaker tester "ling shaker" http://www.labworks-inc.com/?gclid=CIXmlb_FlrsCFTDhQgodqyUAMQ and simulating a rocket launch.

the tester looked like a big ass speaker system and we would induce frequency range on the tester between 60 hz to 4000hz and the vibration around 1000 hz to 1500 hz would start to un-screw the fixture box screws and bolts if we did not use loctite.

It is part of physical vibrating things between metal parts and moving engine parts may it be a piston driven engine or rocket engine.

Use loctite, there is various color range for certain type of jobs, I think blue would be ok to use.

·
Registered
92 Posts
No reason to use locktite on this, simply grab two wrenches and tighten BOTH nuts on either side of the bracket at the same time and it'll stay.

You are simply tightening the left one in the pic, you need wrenches on both and turn the left clockwise and the right one counterclockwise and it'll be fine.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts