Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did this a few days ago and I finally got time to make this little video. Hope you guys like it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtYvnhlW3s8]Honda Grom Custom Intake - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
134 Posts
That looks and sounds great man, nice job.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What difference? Just volume? any idle or wot stammering? still feel smoothe as stock on accel? think i might try this one.
Difference is a little more pickup and at WOT the thing screams, acceleration seems to be a bit better

That looks and sounds great man, nice job.
Thanks man

Maybe im just hearing things but I can hear a bit of a difference with the cold air intake on, sounds sweet!
You should hear it while riding

Nice mod big chris.

What type of filter are you using?
its a UNI Filter

where did you get the tube? Did you bend it yourself?

What will you do if you get caught by rain?
Yes I work at Weapon*R we have all the pipes and all and I welded it up myself, Rain? I dont ride in the rain

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm convinced that with us modding our groms, The ECU is limiting our top speed to 60-62mph.

Bigchris, how" Big" are you ??? haha

I'm only 5'3" 145 pounds and was able to hit 65 regularly and 69 once on a flat!

But since i have done a full yoshi and the airbox mod pulling the snorkel. my top speed has been 62 on a flat. Going down a incline i was also only able to hit 63mph.

I have been told temp and wind have a huge impact on groms, but i still think the ECU is the main problem.

Who else has noticed the before and after top speeds? I have heard from two other users, that they are having my exact problem with the same mods. One of those users, has even resetted the ecu and he was back to 70mph for one ride. turned off the grom, and got back on it and was again limited to 60-62mph!

I have read a ton of people posting their top speed is 60. i wonder if those that are being limited to 60, modded their groms!!!!

BTW... I know a grom has limitations on top speed. If i wanted a faster bike, i would have bought a cbr250r. Because I had been able to reach a higher speed before, I just want to get back to that higher speed. I haven't tried adding the snorkel back into the airbox/ turning the top snorkel facing the rear yet.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im really big 300lbs+ my ruck i build would do 75 with me on it. Now with the grom stock ive only hit 62 on a flat pushing it hard redline every gear almost everytime i ride. I do plan on doing a bbk kit over and over and sometime later maybe just swap in a 250

·
Registered
233 Posts
You work for weapon R?, must be nice to have access to all the tools and pipes.

Looking forward to see your grom build ;)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
who works for weapon R?

So should we expect a weapon R CAI for the GROM ? :D

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
:(

Wouldn't be a bad idea.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Been thinking about it maybe ill make a few pipes but i cannot supply the 90degree hose which mine was cut from a radiator hose I had laying around and you can get a filter at most shops

·
Registered
178 Posts
Chris, I'll take one of your pipes if your making them. Looks great

1 - 20 of 22 Posts