Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the white plastics from Tyga and will install them when I get my bike. I'm going to have the other set painted. I've narrowed it down to:

Candy Topaz Orange

Special Silver.

What does the collective think? :D

Can anyone with mad photoshop skillz help a brother out? :motorcyclelove_smil

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have dealt with Throttle Jockey in the past with excellent results and on their website they display a vintage Elsinore graphics kit for modern dirtbikes. I would go for that with the Elsinore silver, green trim, and yellow Honda wings, etc. Your colors would then be historically correct. Just my op.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
orange all the way. Who doesn't love some OJ

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have dealt with Throttle Jockey in the past with excellent results and on their website they display a vintage Elsinore graphics kit for modern dirtbikes. I would go for that with the Elsinore silver, green trim, and yellow Honda wings, etc. Your colors would then be historically correct. Just my op.
That's a nice website. I wish I had seen it when I was doing the CRF80. You have a good idea, if I decide to go with the silver.

Reactions: zombie

·
Registered
248 Posts
G19Tony...I bought a CRF80 like 3 months ago and was just beginning to mod it into something more vintage looking. I had started with yellow plates, was going to go nuts...then learned about the Grom. My beginning mods helped me sell it last Thursday. More bonus bucks!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to sell my 80 also. I have it set up with a taller, adult seat, BBR shock and CRF100 springs. It's also street legal and titled as such. I put a Baja Designs light kit on it. It's fun to blast around the neighborhood. I'm going to sell my Hodaka Dirt Squirt and my steet legal CRF230F also. I have too many bikes for the space I have to store them.

I'm keeping the CRF250L, the Versys and the TU250. I may ride the TU to Iowa and leave it at my Mom's house, so I have a bike to ride when I go back to visit.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My brother is doing some photoshop work for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm really into the pearl white and yellow for some reason. But, considering the limited availability black or red regardless sound great to me! If I can get a bike though I want to do a Pearlescent Pink to dedicate it to my mom having breast cancer and being so strong going through so much chemo and radiation therapy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good choice on both of the colors. But really to define the personality of the Grom well, I would have to say stick with the orange. Silver would be just a little on the boring side, well... subtle. Don't forget the grom isn't a boring bike.

And if you want later you can just add on the repsol stickers to change it up ;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Post the photoshop pics when you get them please ;)

For some reason I want to say orange too. How does special silver look like?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good choice on both of the colors. But really to define the personality of the Grom well, I would have to say stick with the orange. Silver would be just a little on the boring side, well... subtle. Don't forget the grom isn't a boring bike.

And if you want later you can just add on the repsol stickers to change it up ;)
Candy Orange is a 1970's Honda color. That Repsol color isn't close, I don't think.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts