Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work 29mi from home and can take back roads ranging from 35-55mph. Would the Grom be ok for this. I really dig the bike, VERY cool.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I work 29mi from home and can take back roads ranging from 35-55mph. Would the Grom be ok for this. I really dig the bike, VERY cool.
Yes, I switched from my Hayabusa motorcycle to the Grom for commuting and mostly for the gas bills.

Can't beat the 97-135 mpg and filling up at the pump for only $4.10.

Make sure you get a rack to carry stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a good question. I went to see one in person and it's small bet cool. Bet it's a blast to throw around on some tight back roads.

You went from a haybusa to a grom? Lol. I thought I was nuts, my last bike was a R1. I'm still thinking it over. It would also make a great bike to teach wife and kids to ride on.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Please, no photoshop.
never photoshop, the real deal for real riders and lovers of motorcycles

My normal rides, Busa, ZX6R, Grom, in the back of my truck covered is my RX-7 and behind that is my two Harleys "Fatboy and Heritage", an old 1971 Honda SL-125 on a dirt bike stand since I'm restoring that bike and my Jetski and a couple of surfboards hanging on the side of the fence.

New rack from Tyga and new seat from Corbin

Rainy day in Santa Clara Calif, done shopping at Costco Santa Clara

Selfy with me and my groceries from Costco

Another day at Costco had to get 25 lb bag cat food in my old military bag, and some groceries in the blue bag.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Its perfect for the commute. I use mine mainly for commuting less than 30 miles round trip but it gets the job done. If you have long distances between stops on the back roads and your cruising at 55mph dont bank on the 135mpg... maybe more around 90mpg. Ive clocked about 3k miles on mine so far commuting saving me approx $750 in gas. (I own a full size truck)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Its perfect for the commute. I use mine mainly for commuting less than 30 miles round trip but it gets the job done. If you have long distances between stops on the back roads and your cruising at 55mph dont bank on the 135mpg... maybe more around 90mpg. Ive clocked about 3k miles on mine so far commuting saving me approx $750 in gas. (I own a full size truck)
Consider your skill and how comfortable you will be riding as well:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts