Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i installed the fender eliminator today by competiton werkes from hard racing. went to check the turn signals and all i get is a buzzing noise from behind the headlight area. if i unplug the turn signals from the rear all that happens is the front turn signals light up but dont blink. everything was installed correctly but did hear a pop at one point and thought i blew a fuse. Forgot to disconnect the battery but i checked and all the fuses are good. whats the issue? is there a flasher relay on this bike that i could have messed up?

Sorry about the Werkers in the title, wont let me edit it after posting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know your post is a little old but I got the same kit and had the I had the same problem. Their directions are incorrect as to how to wire the turn signals. You have to reverse what they say, or look at the back of the package that the turn signals came in and you will see what needs to go where. I think it's the solid black from the turn signals that's the flasher and the black with white stripe that's the ground.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar problem with the Competition Werks eliminator kit.

When i got my bike, p.o. had not had the rear tail on. so the blinkers wouldn't blink. The fronts would not even come on. They need the full circuit to work.

I had replaced front signals as well with some flush mount signals. and Gotten the Hd LED flasher relay from Hard racing as well.

After approx 17 fuses blown. I finally realized what the problem was, The Competition Werks kit was grounding out through the rear signals where they mount up. I could not believe that they would be made in a way that allows them to do that!.

And as above posted. I believe its Solid Black from light is the signal. and B/W is ground. Also in my wiring i had to tape off the Yellow. Unused I don't know why.

hope you have it figured out by now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue, had to get different relays. I switched out the fronts with flush mounted CBR 250 and the Chinese relays did not do the trick, just got a solid light on back and front. Switched out the relay and that worked. Now, it's working great. But it was very frustrating and took a shop to help me figure it out. Looks clean now though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts