Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Costco shopping n Grom packing, rainy weather Santa Clara Calif

I decided to get a couple of bottle of 2010 Curvare Merlot wine, couple of T-bone steak, bunch of banana, gum, doggie treat, tub of butter and I figured if the MC riders in India can pack their goods on a small motorcycle so can I.

Dark rain clouds in Santa Clara Northern Calif, pic taken back side of San Jose airport

a slight selfy with the Grom

made it home with out a down pour, found a neat pair of bicycle riding gloves on the road going home, been finding quit a few stuff on the roadway lately, Got an offical SF Giants baseball cap and it looked new, just wash it and gave it to my daughter.

yep rain gear tucked under the bungee net.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Its pretty awesome that you were able to tie that much to the back of the Grom. I take it the ride went smoothly and everything? Have you thought about a top case or saddlebags at all?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its pretty awesome that you were able to tie that much to the back of the Grom. I take it the ride went smoothly and everything? Have you thought about a top case or saddlebags at all?
Yes I have, I contacted one of the venders that have those saddlebags, I think it was Nelson Riggs bags but I wanted pic of the bags with the latching strap/belt shown being mounted under the seat but there is no real Grom riders that have those bags that can post some pictures. I had saddle bags on my Harleys and on my 1988 Honda VLX 600 and I noticed one thing is that if you don't have a good saddle bag frame those bags will rub against your plastic and rub the paint off.

Top case looks ok and I might have to install one on my daughter's Grom so she can carry her college books and laptop in the top case and also have the security chain and lock carried with her in the top case. Just need one big enough to keep her full face helmet in it.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
thats alot of junk in the trunk!

how does it ride with all that weight on the back?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats crazy, how much do you figure all that weighs?
I wt 212 lbs, with riding gear maybe 220-225 lbs

Been carrying that amount and more on that Grom with no problem. I use a old military/police strap/nylon belt with snaps to old down the load then I use the strongest bungee net to load the bottom load in place than I but the second load such as the blue grocery bag filled with items and bungee net that to the luggage rack and final tie down would be about a 1.5 inch belt strap with locking buckle and I'm good to go.

What items I have carried on the Grom from Costco shopping on one of my many trips, 5 dozen egg crate, blue grocery bag filled with 2-12can pack light tuna, bunch of celery, best foods 2qt jar, pack of un-salted butter blocks, big block of cheeze,tooth paste, bag of avocado. No problem with all that on the Grom and going 55-65mpg. Just have to make sure you strap it down good.

You should see when I use to use my Hayabusa what I could load on it and go 80-100mph. That is what I call speed grocery shopping.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
costo ready grom.

now that is something I have to try one day

1 - 10 of 10 Posts