Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
frame sliders yes. stunt cages? I haven't but there might be some. Not sure.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I saw a trellis, that looked like it was from a Ducati on ebay. I liked it. It's in my watch list, might pull the trigger on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How about engine protection from stones and stuff when going off road? That engine and exhaust look awfully exposed but I would look at the Grom as a dual purpose.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
havent been able to find much from the thailand guys either.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I saw sliders, bar end sliders, and swing arm sliders on a UK site

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
still haven't seen any cages though.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Shouldn't have clicked on that. I went the full R&G frame, swingarm, fork and exhaust protector route. I have protection on my other bikes. The Grom is no different, and this looks like good stuff.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Still no sign of a stunt cage but If we know any better I bet MNNTHBX is going to come out with something sweet ;)

Is any body going to use axle sliders too or is that too much?

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Reactions: Cadimanjd

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm still not sure on the frame sliders (well certainly not at $200) but mostly in regards to need and mounting. At least the r&g set appears to mount mostly up to the frame instead of the engine like most kits. Still seems like it might get in the way a bit.

I think non folding rearsets will provide enough protection combined with axle and bar end sliders. Does anyone know how the r&g axle sliders mount up since the axles aren't hollow or drilled? I just see a set screw... Are they made of delrin (good) or aluminum (bad)?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm still not sure on the frame sliders (well certainly not at $200) but mostly in regards to need and mounting. At least the r&g set appears to mount mostly up to the frame instead of the engine like most kits. Still seems like it might get in the way a bit.

I think non folding rearsets will provide enough protection combined with axle and bar end sliders. Does anyone know how the r&g axle sliders mount up since the axles aren't hollow or drilled? I just see a set screw... Are they made of delrin (good) or aluminum (bad)?
I'll let you know when I get them. If they are aluminium, they are going back.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts