Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just ordered the Tyga Maggot slip on, has anyone thought about splicing in a new section into the stock pipe to get rid of the cat. Well as soon as my muffler gets here I'm thinking about giving it a go, just thought I would see if anyone had the same idea or thoughts about trying such thing.

·
Registered
998 Posts
In my part of the Country "California" modifying any part of the exhaust system esp on a 2013 motorcycle will bring a steep fine and ticket since Mr Arnold signed into law for the start of 2013 sweeping feel good save the air/pollution law. It doesn't mean that motorcycles owners will not follow the law but most of the custom after market pipes have stickers on them that says for OFF ROAD USE ONLY, that will save the company of these custom pipes from being sued by the state.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Puck Kalifornia. Stupid communists!

I've been eyeing my stock TTR110 pipe. But I'm kind of lazy soi see a yosh in my future might even order one today.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all. Fortunately we don't have to smog bikes in Ca YET, I'm sure it wont be long before the politicians and liberals F that up. But I have always installed full aftermarket exhaust on my bikes street legal or not. I was just trying to save a buck, we'll see once the maggot gets here.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Thanks to all. Fortunately we don't have to smog bikes in Ca YET, I'm sure it wont be long before the politicians and liberals F that up. But I have always installed full aftermarket exhaust on my bikes street legal or not. I was just trying to save a buck, we'll see once the maggot gets here.
Just wait lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looking at the dyno sheet for a cbr 125 the full akrapovic system gives less than a hp and less than a ft-lbs. So its hard to imagine that a full system on the grom would be much different. I think the gain is the lack of cat.

I say cut it out and leave the stock can, removes the cork and stays quite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts