Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
actually acquired it on Friday but this weekend was "kiddie weekend" so i didn't get to ride it at all.

yesterday i finally got some real seat time on it. my 1st impression was that it looked bigger than i had expected...until i sat on it. then the whole bike disappeared beneath me. lol

it's pretty quick...surprisingly so. i'm disappointed in the wheelie ability. the lil bike is so heavy that i haven't been able to get it up in 2nd gear...yet.

out of the box got it up to 57mph sitting up and 64mph tucked. today i took it on the highway and with full tuck hit 66mph.

overall, i love it. can't really figure out what i'm going to do with the bars yet. we'll see...

Grom

my lil brother riding it (5'6" 150lbs)

my friend (5'8" 210lbs)

the only pic i've seen of me on it

took the rear fender off and made a license plate bracket out of the stock one. took about 20 min

i think i'm going to use my old Arai "Guyver" helmet as my dedicated Grom helmet. just to added to the "WTF just passed me??"

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice license plate modification... I like the look!!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
How hilarious would it be to run around (legally of course) in an open carry state with an AR15 on your back? just zipping around..

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
If only we can how the full tuck position looks like on the grom lol

You should post up a quick diy on the fender eliminator from stock parts that you made. I am sure you will be pm'd by a few people.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Lol at ciscosanjose!

How was riding the grom around the highway, did you find it hard to keep uo with the pace of traffic or?

You guys should start making holster mounts for the piece ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I found that if I hold it wide open, I can go from 58-61 sitting up. I'm 5'7" 205lbs. Haven't tried tucking. Some people give me the WTF face lol. I really wish it had more gears. I would have happily paid an extra $500 if it was a 6 speed.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The first Grom owners were talking about only getting the bike to 55 mph. Now it looks like a lot of people are close to the advertised "just under 65 mph" even if it is in a tuck. And the speedo appears to be accurate which is remarkable for a motorcycle. Every bike I've ever owned, you are going slower than the indicated speed by 4 or 5 mph and at a real 65 mph your speedo says 69-70 mph.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
late night wrenching. took some bars that were laying around and threw them on....so much better of a ride position!!!

downside is, it's not as easy to wheelie now :(

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts