Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for more punch, so was thinking instead of being a test grom for the performance parts that will be available in the future, why not simply put in a Daytona 190cc engine..

Looks to me the best value for money" solution, what do you guys think?

TJR engine is a bit too much $.. I'm keeping of course the stock engine for maybe in the future when more parts become avail.

Would it be possible to keep the injection? or the 31mm FI yuminashi?

Or would you guys do something else?

Ah yes, I'm from europe, no emmision laws :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Maybe use the FI from a honda quad not sure if it's the same or not I know Terry from fire power minis is messing with one though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Subscribed, looking forward to see what you end up with in the grom. I see guys talking about bore kits and turbos but this will be interesting :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
You could... it should mount right up. I would just leave it on a carb and use the correct electronics that come with the 190. You will need to figure something out for the speedo as well, unless you can figure out a way to get it to work with the 190 (which would be cool).

I've considered the same, by the way. That 4V Anima head would look cool in the Grom.

·
Registered
201 Posts
what about the plant out of a pit bike or something? most of those will smoke the Grom anyways, although they might be a little smaller than what your looking for, most are 150cc , no?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts