Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arriving tomorrow and they said they could have it ready by the afternoon. Down side is I won't be able to get it until Saturday.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was down at my dealer yesterday and said he had a ship date of the 23rd still ?!?! WTF!!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Honda marketing plan at work, giving the middle of the Country first pickings than the rest of the country. Fair to me esp if all Groms land in Calif docks before being distributed through out the USA.

What Honda USA should have done is ship the first batch of GROMS to states that will have Winter coming up soon so those riders can enjoy their GROMS and post good or bad thoughts about it after riding it for a while.

Honda USA should have looked at regions of the USA that have motorcycle riders vers winter time season and decide how to distribute their first shipment allotment of GROMS. But that is too much common sense.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Honda marketing plan at work, giving the middle of the Country first pickings than the rest of the country. Fair to me esp if all Groms land in Calif docks before being distributed through out the USA.

What Honda USA should have done is ship the first batch of GROMS to states that will have Winter coming up soon so those riders can enjoy their GROMS and post good or bad thoughts about it after riding it for a while.

Honda USA should have looked at regions of the USA that have motorcycle riders vers winter time season and decide how to distribute their first shipment allotment of GROMS. But that is too much common sense.
sound like that would be a great plan, why didnt honda come up with that? too simple probably like you say xD

·
Registered
154 Posts
If my dealer says anything along those lines ill say f the grom and get the shovelhead I've had my eyes on for the past week. Are you reading this Honda?

·
Registered
134 Posts
My dealer here in Nor Cal just called let me know that my bike will be here early next week, possibly this Sat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still on the drive home. If anyone is close Heartland Honda was great to work with and they are getting 2 more next week. The owner actually bought their first one so he could use it as a demo so if you aren't sure and want to try one out you can do it there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great photo. I wondered if it would be short enough to fit in the back of my pickup and still be able to put the tailgate up. it looks like it would fit easily into the back of a full size truck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
About 21 miles so far. It is rough keeping the RPMs at 4k or lower for break-in as the dealer suggested. It seems like it will cruise at 45mph without much of an issue. I did manage 59 on a downhill piece with zero wind. It already seems like it is running a bit better. Less restrictive airbox and exhaust would probably help a bit.

My hope is to get it where it can cruise between 50 and 55mph.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts