Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first had to setup my air compressor with 80 plus psi output
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

I removed the valve inner unit so I would get full 80 psi into the tire so it would seat the tire to the rim
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

I used a paint brush and brushed soapy water between the rim and tire to help seal the tire and then I applied the 80 psi and heard the tire bead pop seat on the rim. I then re-installed the tire valve inner unit and filled the tire up to 40 psi and ran soapy water between the rim and tire to see if there were any air leaks.

I started with the front rim/tire first, out with the old and in with the gold

Finished installing the rear rim and adjusted the chain and rechecked all nut/bolt torque.

tomorrow morning I will recheck both tire pressure and adjust the press to 29 psi and do a test ride . I did notice that the michelin front tire 120/70-12 looked like it was smaller in size than the stock Vee-tire and if they are smaller I will go up one size to 130/70-12

Registered
Looks good !

Registered
Looks great! Which michelin tires did you go with? Pilot Pure? If I remember there is a 130 and 140 option for the rear.
Does the front end shake over 45mph like the stupid stock tires?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great! Which michelin tires did you go with? Pilot Pure? If I remember there is a 130 and 140 option for the rear.
Does the front end shake over 45mph like the stupid stock tires?
no head shaking of the front tire/steering unit. Even my stock Vee tires did not shake and the good news is with my new Michelin Pure I can still get to 65 mph with my 210 lbs wt.

Registered
What's the axle nut torque ?

Premium Member

Looks good.

Registered
Not to sound arrogant, but I never use soapy water on aluminum rims. Makes em corrode faster, if possible always use rim ease or tire lube. Looks great, like to know about these tires myself. Looking at replacing mine soon.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not to sound arrogant, but I never use soapy water on aluminum rims. Makes em corrode faster, if possible always use rim ease or tire lube. Looks great, like to know about these tires myself. Looking at replacing mine soon.
thanks for the info on soapy water on aluminum rims.

ride safe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts